PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania Classic

Qusetonui
08-13-2002, 01:23 AM
Since the Game Ideas forum is gone, this is where I call home for game ideas. Castlevania Classic is what I am dying to see. If anyone does make it, this is what I would like to see:

• Name selector screen (music theme: Underground)
• Difficulty (after putting in name) Easy, Normal and Hard (three
lives, no continues, after dying, you can save or retry, Vampire
Killer style, except you get no hearts when you begin a level or
die)
• Can have a different intro
• Game editor that works similar to ZQuest, except the colors
are different and does not have anything akin from Zelda Classic.
• A rule: "Enemy depicts damage" - Rather than dictating the damage, enemies have their own damage scale
• Decide if you want different characters in your quest.
• Simon's colors are Red and White (to match his Vampire Killer
attire)
• New weapons! Now you can have fun hiding these weapons
in candles, like these:
+ Flippers - This looks like underwater gear, but it's not. These
are thrown similar to the Butterknife, except it does more
damage and uses two hearts.
+ Fire Whip - This comes after the Vampire Killer Whip. Remember
how it worked in Castlevania 2? This does extra damage to
undead enemies, and it can kill Blood Skeletons (for 500 points)
+ Magic Fire - Simon will experience a small wall of fire when he
throws this at an enemy near him. It costs four hearts.
+ Potions - Simon can restore his health and status for ten
hearts. Ouch!

These are just a few items Alucard will anticpate.

• Status effects... If Simon touches a blob, he is poisoned (takes
one bar every five seconds). If Simon touches a Fuzz, he is
paralyzed and cannot move for a few seconds. If he contacts
Medusa's glare, he turns into stone and cannot move for twenty
seconds. If he gets bitten by a Vampire, his blood will be polluted
and he will die fast if a Sacred potion is not used. Last of all, if he
touches Dracula's skull, he is cursed (his death is at random; it
maybe twenty seconds and as long as a hundred seconds).
• Stores! This uses gold as the currency. As you see, I am
trying to run future Castlevania games into here. This is why I do
not like having you die and you get the Leather Whip in the
normal Castlevania. Simon gets to keep the whip, but loses his
other items (i.e. Flippers, hearts go back to five and modifiers)
• Different forms of Dracula... You can put Dark Link in as the first
form and the Winged Demon form from the original Castlevania
in there, for example...

I am not going to program it, as Alucard does not know anything about coding... yet. Does it sound promising?

Icey
08-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Sounds good but generally you won't just get someone to program it out of thin air. I was thinking of programming something like this once I learned some C++ and such but I have yet to do that :shrug:. Would be nice, though

Dracula
08-13-2002, 01:52 AM
I want to do this. Once I'm more experienced with such a thing, then I'll do it.

MottZilla
08-13-2002, 02:05 AM
I'd like to see a CV remake sometime. If I had the time and skill now I'd do it as I just got done enjoying SotN again =) So I'd be wanting to do it quite a bit.

Qusetonui
08-13-2002, 02:32 AM
New Enemy structure:

Axe Lord - Three bars of damage if Simon bashes into him; two bars if axe hits.

Bat - This bat deals three bars of damage.

Balloon Pod - This creature can either do three bars (big) or two bars (small) of damage.

Black Panther - This panther does three bars of damage.

Blood Skeleton - This undead skeleton dabbed in unholy blood does three bars of damage. *CURSED*

Blob - This slimey customer does three bars of damage. *POISON*

Bone Dragon - This serpent-like creature does three bars of damage.

Death - He does four bars of damage. Death's sickles do three bars of damage.

Dhuron - This beheaded monster does three bars of damage.

Dracula (form one) - He can do four bars of damage

Dracula (form two) - He can do FIVE bars of damage.

Evil Eye - This eye does two bars of damage.

Fleamen - This pain in the ass enemy does two bars of damage.

Frankenstein's Monster - This morbid monster does three bars of damage, and Igor does three bars as well.

Ghost - This appiration does two bars of damage. *CURSED*

Fuzz - This creature does two bars of damage. *PARALYZE*

Harpy (arranged graphic) - This half-human, half-bird enemy does three bars of damage.

Big Medusa Head - The Medusa Head Queen does three bars of damage (glare spells stone).

Merman - This fish does three bars of damage. Be careful of the flames!

Normal Medusa Head - This pain in the ass enemy does two bars of damage.

Mummy Man - These wrapped ghosts do three bars of damage.

Raven - This bird does three bars of damage.

Skeletons - These enemies do three bars of damage.

Skull Pillars - These pillars made up of skeletons do three bars of damage.

Spearmen - These warriors do two bars without spear, three bars if they see Simon and use their spears to kill him.

Spiders - This arachnid does three bars of damage, and two bars if they shoot baby spiders. *POISON*

Vampire Bat - This bat does three bars (Stage 1) and four bars in Stage 6. *Stage 6 Vampire Bats can VAMP Simon if he touches one*

Zombies - These undead humans do three bars of damage. *POISON*

Letters in CAPS are status effects. Some enemies do not exist, but the enemies have newer graphics in Alucard's future demo and more enemies will be in there.

C-Dawg
08-13-2002, 02:58 AM
If such a program is made, I promise you that 5Q5 won't be the one behind it.

-C

Kairyu
08-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
If such a program is made, I promise you that 5Q5 won't be the one behind it.

-C

Now, why am I inclined to agree with you there, C-Dawg? Hmm...

Qusetonui
08-13-2002, 11:34 AM
If you see a demo quest, this is what the levels will be by Alucard:

Level 1 - The first Gate of Castlevania (Boss: Vampire Bat, music: Beginning from Castlevania 3) - This outpost of Dracula's castle has an enemy scale ranging: Skeletons, Ravens, Medusa Heads, and Flea Men attacking Simon. The vampire bat's graphics are from Dracula X. Rating: very easy

Level 2 - Forest of Death (Boss: Skeleton King, music: Mad Forest from Cv3) - This forest has Owls, Fleamen, Balloon Pods, Bats and Spiders crawling in it. The Skeleton King has a sword and shield just like how he did 200+ years ago back when Trevor fought the Skeleton King. Rating: easy

Level 3 - The Cave of Morbid Masks (Boss: Barba and the other Orphic Viper, music: Final Level from Zelda II) - Can you believe it? You are pitted in a long cave featuring Medusa Heads, Flea Men, Dhurons (from Dracula X), Blobs, Evil Eyes and Skeletons in the cave. After two waterholes, you fight the Orphic Vipers and they are pretty tough unless you bought a double shot axe. One shoots fire, and one freezes Simon cold.

Level 4 - Bridge of Castlevania (Boss: Wizzrobe, music: Stalker) - If it's not one thing, it's the bridge of Dracula's castle. Ravens, Spearmen, Ghouls, Zombies, Mermen and Basilisks will block your way here. In addition, you get to fight a Wizzrobe as the boss! Whip him in his face twelve times and he is out of here.

Level 5 - Castlevania entrance (No boss, music: Aquarius) - Run for your life! Fleamen riding Harpies and Whip Skeletons and past enemies all return here. Run, as you have 200 seconds to beat this.

Level 6 - Inside Castlevania (Boss: Mummy Men, music: Vampire Killer) - This is a replica of the old Castlevania. Beware of Axe Knights, Spearmen, Werewolves, Medusa Heads, Spiders, Fleamen, and Merman are all here to destroy Simon. Be careful of the new head boss here, the Mummy Men duo. They are similar to last time, but they can stop Simon in his tracks with a bandage guard.

Level 7 - Brick Tower of Idiots (Boss: Queen Medusa Head, music: Riddle from Castlevania 3) - You fight your way through the same enemies in Level 6, except Fleamen are replaced by Bone Dragons and Mermen are now replaced by Skull Pillars. Queen Medusa Head is the same, except she can turn you into stone. Ouch.

Level 8 - Outer tower/Shaft to Level 9 (Boss: Doppelganger, music: Wicked Child) - Ravens, Harpies, and other assorted foes will cause Simon to have a nightmare. Beware of your double where the mummies once were in charge!

Level 9 - Cave of Stupid Specters (Boss: Frankenstein's Monster, music: Walking on the Edge/Stalker) - Recall! Simon's past foes, Mermen, ghosts, Blood Skeletons, Axe Knights, Spearmen, and Bone Dragons and Harpies now all do four bars of damage in this level until Dracula. Maybe you will break your keyboard when you fight Frankenstein's Monster this time around.

Level A - Labortory of Death (Boss: Death, music: Heart of Fire) - Spearmen, Fuzz, Ghosts, Axe Knights and Medusa Heads along with Guardians and Templars (Sword Lords) are in here. You fight Death, but he surrounds himself with sickles when he attacks and they home right onto Simon.

Level B - Last Tower/Clock Tower (Boss: Terrible Trio, music: Out of Time) - Vampire bats and all the enemies you fought (not including bosses) in this game are all here. After the clock tower comes the Terrible Trio (made up of Regerat Demon, Nanoon Demon, and SwoonTek Demon). After beating them all comes the Prince of Darkness, Dracula (In level C).

Alucard may have broken his personal record of 3,628 characters in this post. :eek:

MottZilla
08-13-2002, 04:00 PM
It's don't get you anywhere unless you act on them. You can have all the ideas in the world, but if all you do is talk nothing will result.

Qusetonui
08-13-2002, 09:56 PM
You're right, I should stop the new additions in Castlevania (as it takes away the fun). I wonder what program code this program will use. I do not have any new things in this post, but as you see I do not know how to program. This program will use Allegro and then I will look over programming for a few months and then try to see how many years this will take. Allegro may have its weak points, but it does have strong points in it. I hope I can program this in the near-future. In addition, this might take shorter than Zelda 1 (as Castlevania has eighteen stages and those should not be any problem to Alucard). Some bugs will be fixed like these: Bats dying as they collide into Simon and Ravens do that as well. Should I use MIDI, .NSF, .IT, .WAV or all of them for this project?

MottZilla
08-13-2002, 11:23 PM
You don't have a fucking clue about programming do you? -_-

That's a rethorical question. ;p

Dude, if you seriously want to learn, you have alot of reading to do. Next, allegro is not a great choice.

Bah, you just need to learn rather than spending your time throwing up ideas left and right.

Dracula
08-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Actually, some good Castlevania games have been made with Alegro, such as Castle Quest and Dracula's Shadow.

MottZilla
08-14-2002, 01:26 AM
Yes, I didn't say it wasn't capable, it's just there are other libs to use that can achieve better results.