PDA

View Full Version : Megaman battle network any good?

KamiKaZe cOw
08-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Post # 200! yah! Uhhh.. every body has these megaman battle network things ( I think) in ther sigs. is this game any good? can I get some screen shots, and a storyline?

:banghead: KamIkaZe cOw! :banghead:

blckscab
08-12-2002, 10:58 PM
I think you will find the answers to that in the MPQ forum

KamiKaZe cOw
08-12-2002, 11:06 PM
which would be where?

mrz84
08-13-2002, 12:49 AM
bottom of the front page. its in big letters that say MPQ FORUM though not all in caps. :P

KINGOFALLME2
08-13-2002, 12:56 PM
What do you need all that for? My opinion is all you will need! IT ROCKS!:kawaii:

Cloral
08-13-2002, 04:48 PM
The netnavis in peoples' sigs arn't quite the same as MMBN. They use the same characters, but are for a game played on these forums. MMBN, on the other hand, is an interesting GBA game you should check out. I'm nearly finished with MMBN2.

KamiKaZe cOw
08-13-2002, 07:54 PM
That almost answers my ?, but what is the game about?what do you do?

Cloral
08-13-2002, 08:15 PM
You play as 2 characters - Lan, and Megaman.exe. In the real world, you control Lan. Lan has a PET that contains, among other things, Megaman.exe. You can go up to electrical devices and jack in to send megaman.exe into them. Inside, you can walk around and find stuff, and this is where you will do your fighting. When a battle starts, you appear on a 6x3 grid, and you use megaman's buster and battle chips you've collected to 'delete' whatever you're fighting - be that a virus, or an enemy netnavi (the netnavis are generally the bosses). In most respects this is an rpg, but the battles are vastly different from the ones you'd have in a traditional rpg. First of all, there is the element of movement on the grid. Secondly, the battles take place in real time. There is a gauge, but it just determins when you can select new chips to use - chips are generally a lot stronger than the mega buster, and so you want to use them as much as possible. However, each chip can only be used once per battle, so you are limited somewhat as to how quickly you can use them.

Kairyu
08-13-2002, 08:34 PM
And, unusually for a Capcom game, the translation is pretty well done, and most (Not all, though...) Story aspects are done fairly well. There's a lot of area to explore around in, both in reality and in the 'Net. There are plenty of bosses, and in both games, there are special sections and even bosses availible only after you beat the game your first time. There's also multiplayer modes for both games, which I would comment on, except that I lack opponents with which to test that feature. Whether or not an enemy gives you Battle Chips after a battle is (For the most part) determined by your performance during the battle, and not based on how lucky you are...

All in all, if you like RPGs, Adventure, action, or platformer games, consider it carefully, since it's an excellent game from all those types (I THINK...)... And if you like two or more of those categories, you will REALLY want to pick up a copy.

Edit: Nearly forgot one of the best parts- Capcom seems to be producing sequels on a yearly basis for now.

KamiKaZe cOw
08-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Sounds good, I'll pick it up as soon as I get the $$$... usually between the firts and the third... (paperboy, 80$ a month:sweat: )
Kairyu and cloral, Thanks alot, you answered the question I asked in the first place.

Cloral
08-14-2002, 12:48 AM
You know, I just downloaded MMBN so that I could check it out and see how it differed from MMBN2, and I must say they are very very similar. The town is the same, the characters are the same, and the viruses are the same! No wonder they can put one out every year...