PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart for GameCube??

King Tut
08-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Does anyone have any webpages, links, or news about Mario Kart for the GameCube? I've found a few sites, but nothing definite, anyone know anything about it??

Mak-X
08-12-2002, 06:28 PM
It won't be out for a while. I think the only thing shown of it is a brief clip of Mario and Luigi racing to select members of the press. It'll probably be out next year or early 2004.

Orion
08-12-2002, 07:21 PM
I think with the amount of time it's taking them to get anything done with an important franchise, and with Nintendo sitting on online gaming, I think we might see some online stuff with Mario Kart, hence the wait time. Will it be worth it? I'm thinkin so. Esp. if you can download new tracks :).

Icey
08-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Online Mario Kart would rule. Finally you could have a true 8 player (or more:eek:) race. That would rule. Hope Nintendo does something good with this.

Warlock
08-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Yes, it will rule :D Mario Kart 64 was a huge step ahead of Super Mario Kart, so I can only imagine what additions they'll add to this one. I hope for one that there are more characters, including unlockable characters (I still want to see my Magikoopa! :D)

Menokh
08-13-2002, 12:13 AM
Magikoopa would be an awesome character! They could even have his kart float or something.

As for the game itself, are screenies even available? I haven't seen any. But being Mario Kart, it is bound to be real fun.

Warlock
08-13-2002, 12:15 AM
No, there is ONLY that video of Mario and Luigi driving, and it's not even ingame stuff.. it's like two characters rendered on top of some black background w/ some asphalt just to basically say "hey, we're doing a Mario Kart game for GC"

King Link
08-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Only a few cutscene screens, but the concepts I've heard of sound nonetheless interesting and awesome. I can't wait to play the game and an online feature would really rock.

mrz84
08-13-2002, 12:40 AM
i always loved the mario kart games. still do. this is something i'd wait for. :kawaii: