PDA

View Full Version : Turok Evolution

Brian
08-12-2002, 01:26 PM
I think this game actually looks like it could be quite good, from the company's descirption. The screenshots look great, from the flying to the fantastic dinosaurs. Of course, I am cautious about it, as I wasn't very fond of the past two Turoks. One thing is that the game advertises "troops get into strategic positions" or something like that. So, I wonder if you'll have troops with you this time. That could be real cool, a Jurrasic Park combat adventure.

So, what have you all heard about it?

mrz84
08-12-2002, 02:05 PM
nothing until now. this doesn't catch my interst. if i wanna shoot thingsm i'll play something along the lines of quake 2 or stacraft. if i wanna se dinos, i'll wathc one of the jurrasic park movies. not to inslult any of people who like this game or its previouc ones, i'd rather be abducted by bill gates and turned into a heartless cyborg that runs on windows and crashes every few minutes than play this. :P

Menokh
08-12-2002, 03:14 PM
There were three Turok games for the N64. I opwn the first two and fond them quite fun. I'm not sure why I never tried the third.

but this game looks fun. You don't ever hear much about it, though. I'll probably rent it to see if it is good first.

King Link
08-12-2002, 03:19 PM
I've played Turok I on N64 and Turok 2 on my PC, never played #3 but I think Turok: Evoluction looks to be a new and better playing and looking game than the otheres, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

EWild
08-12-2002, 03:24 PM
The newer ones were more modern and were bad but they have relized this and are going back to their roots, thank god.

King Link
08-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah, the newer N64 one had dino robots or something, didn't it? I think going back to regular dinosaurs etc. is a better idea.

Cronic
08-12-2002, 03:38 PM
I loved the first two on the n64, but when I saw the demo for the third in an EB I decided no5t to even poke around it... you started out in a fuckin new york stylr ity for some god awful reason =/

Turok... err what was it called the one with nothing but multiplayer arena combat was pretty lame too.

New one looks great though.

MottZilla
08-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Alot of the time the game seemed to empty to me. I found myself wandering around too often and not fighting anything. Though it was pretty fun when you do get to killing things.

Cronic
08-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Only in the later levels of Turok 2 did I have a proble... everything really started to look the same.

MottZilla
08-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Perhaps that was related to memory constraints they were trying to stay within. This often has happened in games.

AlexMax
08-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Turok Evolutio looks like its gonna be sweet... ^_^