PDA

View Full Version : Evil Grin

Beldaran
08-11-2002, 10:29 PM
I got sick of my red spiderman getup today, so I went to Lowe's (like Eagle Hardware), bought a pint of jet black latex paint, and painted my monitor jet black. It looks kickass and makes me feel cool and smart.:sly:

MottZilla
08-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Black aborbs light and makes extra heat. Not good for electronics. Though it makes them look "cool". heh.

Cyclone
08-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Hmm, Beldaran won't feel smart now...:laughing:

Cyclone

Tygore
08-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Now he has no reason to complain when his monitor catches fire. Don't worry. Did you know that hair can be used to extinguish any fire?

Paradox
08-11-2002, 11:22 PM
on the TV show "america's funniest home videos" some people show getting their hair getting caught on fire...

Tygore
08-11-2002, 11:36 PM
AGN's funniest home videos. Hmm... if we get enough people who can actually upload things...

Drunken Tiger
08-12-2002, 03:26 AM
Why didnt you just buy a black monitor to begin with??? You painted it with a brush?? Or did you use spraypaint??

inori
08-12-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Paradox
on the TV show "america's funniest home videos" some people show getting their hair getting caught on fire...

That happened to my cousin during my aunt's wedding (he backed into a candelabra). Fortunately, it went out rapidly and there wasn't a disturbance in the ceremony.

And I wouldn't be so worried about the black color in particular (as DT pointed out, some monitors come in black to begin with) as the possibility of getting paint inside the cooling vents.

Drunken Tiger
08-12-2002, 08:24 AM
My monitor is falling apart for some reason.... I think its fell of the table too many times... i want a new Sony 21 inch one!! :D

Does anyone know the cost???

Beldaran
08-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Update:

I accidentally painted over the "on" button, so now it gets stuck and I can barely turn it on and off.

I was pretty careful about pain in the vents, though. Damn I think I have to take the front apart to clean the button. I wonder if it even comes off...

KINGOFALLME2
08-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Update:

I accidentally painted over the "on" button, so now it gets stuck and I can barely turn it on and off.

I was pretty careful about pain in the vents, though. Damn I think I have to take the front apart to clean the button. I wonder if it even comes off...

WHOOPS! Beldaran made a mistake! AGAIN!

gdorf
08-12-2002, 04:47 PM
You know what I hate?.. My friend ordered a black computer/monitor/keyboard combo online, and It looked really sweet, but the floppy drive was still grey. isn't that cheap!?

Thats awesome that you have a black monitor now Belderan. Good luck with the power-button!

Darunia
08-12-2002, 05:23 PM

LMAO!

So a Black computer... if it sucks enough heat, maybe it turns into a min-sun...

KINGOFALLME2
08-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by gdorf
You know what I hate?.. My friend ordered a black computer/monitor/keyboard combo online, and It looked really sweet, but the floppy drive was still grey. isn't that cheap!?

Thats awesome that you have a black monitor now Belderan. Good luck with the power-button!

What's wrong with that? Maybe they made it that way so you could see the floppy drive.

mrz84
08-12-2002, 05:32 PM
i for you don't give bill gates' nuts what color my pc is. as long as it can let me get to agn and play music/roms. :P

Yoshiman
08-12-2002, 05:38 PM
My PC WAS white but it it got darker with age... Same with my SNES (I still have it, and I still play it!).

KINGOFALLME2
08-12-2002, 05:40 PM
two things.
How and why?

Dracula
08-12-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
Did you know that hair can be used to extinguish any fire?

Yeah, then hair smells like shit after it starts on fire...