PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

RPGAngel
08-11-2002, 12:05 AM
I have two questions. One is how do you make the big treasure chests work? I can do the small ones(still can't figure out the "chest opens when enemies killed" thing yet though) but am not quite sure about the big ones. I'm thinking it has something to do with the special and under combos and flags. Am I right?

Also, the win game flag(when you choose what to designate a tile as, like pit, etc.), does anyone know how it works? I'm guessing you can use it to have different endings from the basic one, but can't figure out how to make it work. Thanks for helping.

Edit: I have a question I forgot to put in. It's about the little black box with an x in it in the palette(top left corner of palette box when editing a tile). It is supposed to be the clear or no color one, right? Sometimes it will be transparant and sometimes(usually when I want it to be transparant) it won't. What I'm trying to do is, make the background of an item(like the chest) clear so it can be put on any background without having to make a copy for each color background. How can I get that x box to work right?

And thanks for the info so far.

JayeM
08-11-2002, 02:05 AM
The win game flag doesn't do anything since the Zelda room was implemented. To make the chest open when the enemies are dead, check the Enemies-->Secret and Enemies-->Item screen flags. I'm not too clear on the big chests myself, anyone else want to explain this one?

Cloral
08-11-2002, 02:41 AM
The big chest works just like a small one that opens when the enemies die. You just have a 2x2 space instead of 1x1. And make sure that Link can reach whatever item you have appear.

Since 'win game' has no use, why not take it out? Or perhaps it could be made to win the game again, perhaps in a different way than tLoZ.