PDA

View Full Version : What!? I can't hear you!

EWild
08-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Well the title suggest's that I can't hear anything from my speakers. After an "accident" I had to unplug my comp. and put back together the CPU stand. After 2hrs and a bruise and a cut later it was finished and I put all the cords back ino the CPU and what do I find out? My speakers are hooked up wrong, and I can't get them to work. All well, I'll try again tomorrow since it's too much of a hassle to go behind and find the right socket at the moment. Has anyone does this? :D

gdorf
08-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Nope, but I broke my network card (the part that the cord plugs into).. and now the only thing keeping it working is some orthodontic rubber-bands. heh.

Fiyerstorm
08-10-2002, 06:23 PM
We abuse our PC speakers so bad (we always used the headhpone jacks and we pull the plug out hard) so the speaker themselves wouldn't work. I opened the main speaker up and messed around...well..heheheh...only my left speaker works.

MrCow
08-10-2002, 06:33 PM
lol mine work fine and my brother has like sub woofer speakers or something like that that work really good

EWild
08-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Sub-woofers, those are sweet. They make awsome sound. w00t! I whis I had one. :(

Teilyr
08-10-2002, 07:40 PM
If your speakers have a standard headphone like plug into the sound card, try hooking them up to a walkman or a stereo. Then you'll know if you need new speakers, or a new sound card.

Also, I think the standard for a 3 input soundcard is, from left to right, Line-in, Record, and Output. Try plugging it in to the far right input.