PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! This is my first post!

AtmaWeapon
08-09-2002, 09:16 PM
From Mississippi State University, that is! My laptop is dead, something I'll make a post about later, but I am in the Honors dorm and it has it's own computer lab, so I'm taking advantage of it! I love it! I somewhat moved into my room today, I didn't know how big it was so I didn't bring all my stuff. Classes start next next Monday! I'm excited!

Drunken Tiger
08-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Have fun and good luck!! :p

MottZilla
08-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Excited about school? That's so sad. :'(

Drunken Tiger
08-09-2002, 09:59 PM
I think he is exicited because he has a life.... :p

Beldaran
08-09-2002, 09:59 PM
I just beat Atmaweapon a few hours ago in FF3. :)

Drunken Tiger
08-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Is he crying now???

You are such a bully!!!

Pick on someone yoiur own size!!

:p

me2
08-09-2002, 11:36 PM
Welcome to AGN. Make sure you post in the right forum, don't flame or spam, and go to http://newbiecentral.armageddongames.com . :)

gdorf
08-09-2002, 11:44 PM
AtmaWeapon was hard. And I hated the plot-change afterward. heh

AlexMax
08-09-2002, 11:46 PM
Sorry, but greeting posts have to go in New Members forums

-= TOPIC MOVED =-

-= NOT! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....ha....

What?

=-

Originally posted by Mottzilla
Excited about school? That's so sad. :'(

Almost everyone thinks that until they actually go. UNCC Advantage was a real taste of what campus and dorm life was about, and in spite of the things you don't get that you do at home, I frankly can't wait to go.

And yes, computer labs in the dorms are quite nice. The hall we were staying in was half honors and half exchange student, in addition to being fairly new.

Paradox
08-10-2002, 12:07 AM
hmm... happy about school. ah, as long as it's college that's cool.
have fun.

Cyclone
08-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Your future awaits you. Take advantage of it, and don't waste it like I did.

What? I'm serious. I took Computer Science in my first post-sec year, and found it to be a waste of my time; for one thing, there was one Computer Programming type of course slotted in each of two semesters.

Went elsewhere the following year. Tried Computer Programmer Analyst here. It wasn't better; the program centers on technology from 1978. A huge turn-off, but I put up with it for a while, getting mostly A's in term 1 (Order of Operations in math class? Good God...:odd: ). Term 2 went well except that one teacher - the same one who gave me my single non-A mark in term 1 - didn't count half of my work, giving me a D, which is not considered a pass for a core course. I bitched at him, but no good. The third term was a waste (you do NOT want to know what RPG is; if you really must know, I'll find it for you sometime); I switched programs at this point, and think I found my niche now. Starting my third term (ironically my third year at the same school) in September.

Our school compie accounts are now active, too; they got activated sometime Thursday. :D

Cyclone

Teilyr
08-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Your future awaits you. Take advantage of it, and don't waste it like I did. Amen to that.. Looking back in regret is a bitch.

Enjoy college, Atma. :)

AtmaWeapon
08-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Actually, Cyclone, I do know what RPG is. I had to go to a local junior college once on a mandatory field trip, and if the RPG you are talking about is a programming language, I saw someone programming on it. They thought it was amazing because I watched them for 5 minutes and could tell them what each line of code did. :shrugs: I can't program in it, but I could read it.

Anyway, I'm going back Wednesday, and it will be MUCH better because I have my laptop now, and I won't have to be in the lab (I later found out I wasn't really supposed to be in there LOL). I can't wait!

I met my roomate, I couldn't have cloned a better one. He's paranoid about locking the doors, he's quiet, he is a CS major, and he doesn't party. That saves me the trouble of having to kill my roomates until I get a suitable one. Ü

mrz84
08-10-2002, 08:44 PM
that's nice. but so is this: :kawaii:

ShyGuy0824
08-10-2002, 10:43 PM
out of curiousity, could you explain how you got in an honors dorm? call it weird, but still being in high school I've kind of got to think about that kind of stuff.

Are you talking about there being a honors wing in a frat house or on the campus ground. Is this all in one huge building or just one of the houses?

Also, do you like Mississippi state? (Can you spell that without looking? lol)