PDA

View Full Version : Wow... slow, huh?

Knightcrawler
08-09-2002, 08:11 PM
So, this place is kinda slow, huh? Well, since it's like that, I'm sure nobody will mind me ask a question even if it's burried in some topic somewhere. Okay, how do you add a tile (not edit an existing tile) to the list of tiles that you can apply to a room and how do you give that tile correct hitzones (Unless you have to do that per room, rather than per tile. I have been reading up on tile-editing rather than room-editing, so you'll have to excuse me)?

Jigglysaint
08-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Okay, I'm assuming you want to add combos to the combo page, right? You right click the tile, like you are going to edit it, but you chose one that's blank instead. Then, you click on the blank picture and select the tile you want. Then, you go to that first grey square and check it red. Each red section represents spots where you can't walk. you can also press w to see where the walk flags are as well. forgive me if this is not the info you want.

Knightcrawler
08-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Nah, that's perfect. Heh... I thought a combo was like turning a couple tiles into a big one, like with bosses. It's probably that too, I bet. :-P I had tried something similar, but I didn't quite go all the way. Thanks a lot. I bet you'll hear a lot more questions from me soon. :-D

EWild
08-10-2002, 05:50 PM
We'd be lucky if we did. ;)

Cloral
08-11-2002, 02:43 AM
They're called combos because the original map spaces were 8x8, and a combo combines 4 of these to make a 16x16 map space.

Knightcrawler
08-11-2002, 03:37 AM
Alrighty, another question. What are these strange combos? Undefined, HS bridge (Hookshot bridge, yes I know, but it doesn't make sense), push-wait, push-hw/push-hw2 (I am assuming HW2 is pushable only with L2 Power Bracelets), r statue/l statue (left and right, yeah), ladder only, and win game? And what does he mean by Trigger Perm and Trigger Temp? I know that some triggers in Zelda are permant (like burning bushes) and some are temporary (like dungeon puzzles), but isn't that something that should be determined on a per-room basis? Because if you make something a Trigger Perm, doesn't that stop you from making it Push-Heavy2? I sure have made a lot of tiles in my time with Zquest, but I don't get most of the editor. @_@

Dragonlord
08-11-2002, 03:50 AM
Have you read AlphaDawg's tutorial? It's also helpful to read the help file (or print it so you can always check back to it). Most of the terms you used above are explained there.

Knightcrawler
08-11-2002, 05:06 AM
I've read the tutorial and some of the text help file, but not the whole thing yet. But that help file was very small and skipped a lot of stuff, so I figured it didn't go over all those obscure things.

Knightcrawler
08-11-2002, 05:44 AM
Okay, they're not in my version's help file.

Starkist
08-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Undefined - Undefined. It does nothing.

HS bridge - In the GameBoy "Link's Awakening", there were certain places where you used your hookshot and it would pull a bridge out. This is not implemented yet.

push-wait - You can push this, but only after all enemies are defeated.

push-hw/push-hw2 - Push Heavy-Wait means you can only push it with Power Bracelet 1 and when all enemies are gone. Same for HW2, only you must have Power Bracelet 2.

r statue/l statue - This will shoot fireballs at you, from the right side of the combo and left side respectively. There is now a C Stature, shooting from the centre.

ladder only - You can't swim over this nor walk over, you can only use the ladder to cross. Make sure it's only one tile wide... ;)

win game? - I don't believe this does anything at all.

Trigger Perm and Trigger Temp - You step on these to activate them. When you have secret flags on a screen, these will show up when you push the trigger. Perm stays triggered after you leave the screen, Temp resets each time you move to a different screen.

By the way, instead of double posting, please edit your previous post using the nifty little 'edit' button.

Knightcrawler
08-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Alright, I'll do that. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it. :)

supertails2001
08-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Starkist
win game? - I don't believe this does anything at all.

Nope, it was un-implemented(is that a word?) in favor of the Zelda flag and now acts like a "-" combo.

Cloral
08-12-2002, 02:14 PM
One thing that needs to be done before the next full release is all the useless features need to be taken out of ZQuest, so that people don't get confused by them.