PDA

View Full Version : Temporary chat is back up!

Zaphod Q. IX
08-09-2002, 06:10 PM
DAMN TIME-WARNER CABLE!
After we remembered (yesterday) that we hadn't paid our cable bill this month, we did the INSTANT online bill pay. Guess what happened this morning. They shut the damn cable off, EVEN THOUGH WE HAD PAID THE BILL.
RAAR

After a few hours, we got ahold of a supervisor... -_-

It's back now, as is the temporary chat server. Sorry about the inconvenience everybody.

I will merge this with the frozen topic in a few hours.
BTW, when the hell is thelib coming back?

DarkDragoonX
08-09-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Zaphod Q. IX
BTW, when the hell is thelib coming back?

As soon as they finish their wild orgy.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Drunken Tiger
08-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Im in but noone else is..... :rolleyes:

Cyclone
08-10-2002, 12:59 AM
I don't go to temporary chats. :p

I can live without for a few days. 'Sides, I'ma tired...:sleep:

Cyclone

gdorf
08-10-2002, 01:06 AM
Why not just get a channel on a larger server and not have to pay?. (might I suggest dalnet...)

Zaphod Q. IX
08-10-2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by gdorf
Why not just get a channel on a larger server and not have to pay?. (might I suggest dalnet...)
:eyebrow:
You did read my post, right?
The only thing that's being paid for is my cable bill. I have to pay that one way or the other.

As for Dalnet...War Lord prefers small chat servers, as do most of the AGN admins. Less bullshit to deal with on a day to day basis. Yes, there are downsides...but I think we can deal with it. When there are outages such as these, we have contingency plans, like my temporary server (which, coincidentally, is a satellite server for thelib...it's just never been linked up because tnb is lazy).

Gerudo
08-10-2002, 09:07 AM
by the way, what other places do any of you chat on besides thelib? no-one is on zaph's server (thank you though ^_^), and its boring!

:shrug:

balzac
08-10-2002, 11:48 AM
I'm in chat right now if someone wants to talk. I have pleanty of free time.

Gerudo
08-10-2002, 11:51 AM
ill take you up on that ;)

balzac
08-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Everyone's gone again. Someone come to chat and keep me company.