PDA

View Full Version : interesting article on MMORPG's

Beldaran
08-09-2002, 11:32 AM
I've never really played one myself, but they look fun... (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59959,00.html)

I suppose I'm just more interested in my real life...much to interested to spend it building an imaginary life.:shrug:

Fiyerstorm
08-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Even though I've never played a MMORPG game before, I think I wouldn't get addicted if I play one. It's just a game. It is kinda sad how there are addicts. I think the companies should offer support sites for people who are addicted. Like the things on the lottery tickets, "If you or someone you know is addicted to gambling, please call 1800-whatever."

Hermit
08-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Never got involved in anything of this sort. I played Graal for about a week, got tired of it due to boredom and monotony. I wouldn't mind multiplayer RPG's if they were more in relation to Secret Of Mana where you can play with 2 of your friends sitting right next to you. Playing across the internet is more or less the same as playing by yourself with a built in messenger. Meh.

Not something that really interests me.

Dart Zaidyer
08-09-2002, 05:03 PM
A lot of MMORPGs are for people who have no life for one reason or another, and this gives them a chance to at least live a little. The rest are either poorly constructed or degenerated killfests, or any other sort of crazy mutation of the genre.
If you have the time, they can be fun, but once you start it's hard to stop, so spend the time wisely.

Darunia
08-09-2002, 05:18 PM
I once played one, but I got bored...

Glenn the Great
08-09-2002, 05:51 PM
I've never played one, but I might like to try out Star Wars Galaxies once I get to college. I'd have to be careful to keep it in check though, because I wouldn't want it to encroach upon my studies.

Paradox
08-09-2002, 09:18 PM
those look fun, i've played runescape, but it eventually got boring... maybe i'll try the online sims one...

ZZGundam
08-09-2002, 09:25 PM
The easiest way to get addicted to it is to host one of those things. The players aren't the ones in peril of addiction. I would know, I used to be a Duengeon master

I got addicted to it way too quickly because I hosted it. :banghead: I was such an idiot not to be just a player. I guess it just looked like too much fun to make those duengeons. Well, I'm over that now. Luckilly, I was able to get over it because I had a 100 more things to do I was addicted too.

Gerudo
08-09-2002, 10:03 PM
the only MMORPG ive played is RagnarokOnline... they took down the servers for some reason, i just hope my character doesnt get erased... not sure when Gravity will put em back up... hopefully soon :)

i played it like 3 times a week... not an addiction... :D

MottZilla
08-09-2002, 10:06 PM
All MMORPGs lag like fucking hell. And in the end they all seem to get boring. Whenever I play a MMORPG, i just want to get really strong and kill everyone else. :p Or something atleast.