PDA

View Full Version : Activating a secret staircase with enemies.

Dragonlord
08-09-2002, 06:31 AM
Hello everyone,

I've tried to make secret staircases appear in a dungeon by defeating all the enemies in the room. I've made all the normal settings for a secret combo and then set the "enemies=secret" screen flag.
But when I tested my quest and defeated the enemies.....no staircase. However the secret sound did play.
Does anybody know if I'm missing something?
Thanks for your help.

Greetings, Dragonlord

Praethus
08-09-2002, 12:16 PM
Under Secret Combos, make sure there is a staircase in one of the spots labeled 16-31. Then set the flag corresponding to the staircase secret combo where ever you want it to appear, then set the Enemies->Secret Screen Flag.

MaGicBush
08-09-2002, 02:40 PM
I think you also need to set that "staircase" looking icon when you push pagedown right next to where you want the staircase to appear.

AlphaDawg
08-09-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MaGicBush
I think you also need to set that "staircase" looking icon when you push pagedown right next to where you want the staircase to appear. Nah, you only need to do that if you want to push a block to open a staircase or have the "whistle-stairs" screen flag checked. Praethus2 pretty much got it right... however, if you need additional help, there is a chapter in my tutorial that explains it. Click here (http://zqtutorial.armageddongames.com/newadditions/secretcombos/index.html).

Dragonlord
08-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Yes, Praethus2 did get it right. The problem is solved.
But why are there 2 different ways of activating staircases anyway? It's just confusing.

MaGicBush
08-10-2002, 06:37 PM
What is the different spaces in the secret combo's for? I'm not sure if this is what Dragonlord is asking or not, but I mean theres like 2 different frames to add secrets to. I thought maybe they were frames, but it didn't go through eachone after testing my quest.

Praethus
08-10-2002, 11:37 PM
I think the reason there are more than one beside arrow and burn and stuff, is because the first one is set off when you use the 1st level of the item. For example. There are two beside bomb: one for bomb and one for superbomb. I'm not sure, but I think that's it.

MaGicBush
08-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Oh, that's probably it. Thanks for the info :).