PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me step by step how to make signs work? and talking to people!

gothic160
08-07-2002, 11:04 PM
:D :cool: :tongue: I am makeing a game and I cant figure out how to make signs work? like if you go ub and press a it will say a message and then after like stpes away it goes back some thing with people.

JayeM
08-08-2002, 01:28 AM
Moving to Quest Editor Help.

Orion
08-08-2002, 12:06 PM
This was just fine in ZCDE...

Anyway, I'm curious as to how this works myself. I have never used this before and have been thinking about using them.

Praethus
08-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Ok, here's the way I do it. Put a pit warp in front of the sign that warps you to an identical screen with the text that you want the sign to say. This can be done either with layers or buy putting an invisble guy and string on the second screen. Now on the identical screen, you should be standing on the tile right in front of the sign. Put pit warps all around that screen that warp you back to your original screen.

I think I can show you.
S-Sign
X-Pit
O-Regular Tile

First screen

OSO
OXO
OOO

Second Screen
OSO
XOX
OXO

Any slashable combos or enemies you have on the first screen will reset though, so you may want to take this into consideration.

EWild
08-08-2002, 01:02 PM
I have a Proto-type plan that someone proposed before.

L=Link
u=unwalkable
s=sign
p=pit combos
x=nothing

Screen 1
xxxxxxx
xxxsxxx
xxxpxxx
xxxxxxx

Screen 2
xxxxxxx
xxxsxxx
xxuLuxx
xxxpxxx

Have it so that youwalk to a pit warp that warps you to a identical screen that has a pit warp behind you that when you press \/ it warps you to the first screen. Put letters in the second screen to make it so that you look at it. If it can't work, sorry, it was an idea. This could also be used to make people talk.

gothic160
08-08-2002, 01:48 PM
one question whats a pit combo?

Praethus
08-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Pit combo is like a stair combo, but when it warps you, you don't have to set a blue square. Instead, you warp to exact same locatoin on the new screen.

gothic160
08-08-2002, 05:45 PM
how do you create one?
I seen this game that had that on, and you could still here steps and see link walk down the stairs. How do you let it not do that? or anything just after you touch it, it looks like you havent even moved?

JayeM
08-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Then they weren't using a pit combo. You make a pit combo like you do any other combo, it's in the drop-down menu in the combo editor.

Praethus
08-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Oh, and you have to set the warp type as insta-warp.