PDA

View Full Version : PS2's online controller unvieled...

Cronic
08-07-2002, 12:07 PM
http://www.gamingplanet.com/html/article.php?sid=45&mode=thread&order=0

Damn.... that looks somehow awkward =/

but at least they have one.

I know it's old news, but had anyone actually seen the thing previously?

Gerudo
08-07-2002, 12:09 PM
what the hell?! damn thats fugly! o.O

Cronic
08-07-2002, 12:10 PM
It's a lot like I had originally pictured the Xbox controller turning out to be =/

And apparently Nintendo's online aspects are so bleak that the only game they have so far is phantasy star (ported from the DC =/ )

itschris
08-07-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
And apparently Nintendo's online aspects are so bleak that the only game they have so far is phantasy star (ported from the DC =/ )

While Phantasy Star Online is the only online game on GC (and that's crap; Nintendo should at least make some), it's not just a port. It's called Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. Not versions I & II, which were the Dreamcast games. Episode I of the game is a combination of Versions I & II on DC. Episode II is a new game.

Oh, and for your viewing pleasure; here's the GC keyboard:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/smallkeyboardmattafact3.jpg

mike5000
08-07-2002, 12:48 PM
I think it would be pretty damn hard to play with that thing!

teddyboy420
08-07-2002, 01:51 PM
I think it would be tough to play with that thing, they should
un-combine(is that a word) the keyboard and controller but still make it so the wires are connected so it only takes up one port, or use the USB port for the keyboard.

It just dosen't look comfortable to play a game with. I would use it if I had to though.

MottZilla
08-07-2002, 02:17 PM
LOL. That's so funny. :p

DukenukemX
08-07-2002, 02:47 PM
That looks pretty cool but I don't think Nintendo or Sony get the idea about PC gaming.

The advantige of having a PC is the Keyboard mouse combination.

I don't see no mouse. :shrug:

The only advantige a player would have with that type of controller is that he can chat to players much faster then a player with a regular controller.

Fiyerstorm
08-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Hmm....okay guys...pick up your keyboards from each side like how you would suppose to play those new online controllers......not that bad.........it's gonna be handled like a regular controller tho so it'd be better...and if it is too heavy for you---you're pathetic or just rest it over your lap. :P

AlexMax
08-07-2002, 03:18 PM
If I wanted to play a game online, I would use my friggin PC.

Apparently, Nintendo is also realizing this, and doesn't seem to be putting in the resources (which in my opinion would ultimately be wasted anyway) into internet gaming like the other guys.