PDA

View Full Version : Problem with designing newfir...

Linkmaster
08-07-2002, 09:52 AM
I have a problem setting up dungeons with the newfirst tile set. I don't know if it sounds stupid but hey I'm new. So, what the heck do I do?

Jigglysaint
08-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Hmm. What version of Zquest are you using? Did you draw the outer walls and such on the template screne? That screen is 83. Also, if you are using beta 163 there are the door sets in the graphics menu, otherwise I suggest downloading the newfirst again and copying that template screen to you quest(remember to re-name it if you haven't allready).

Linkmaster
08-07-2002, 06:05 PM
I think what is wrong is that template thing. Ummmm how?

Jigglysaint
08-07-2002, 11:15 PM
Well, go to a newfirst quest with a template screen allready set, then press c and change quests. Then go to the same screen in your quest and paste it by pressing v.

Dark Nation
08-07-2002, 11:27 PM
I thought copying and pasting didn't work between quests.

Linkmaster
08-08-2002, 06:31 AM
That's is not what I'm talking about. Okay here goes. I start a new quest using newfirst tiles. Now I make a starting point on screen 77. I make more screens (78 68 69) now I want to make a dungeon on screen 58. Starting from the eginning please tell me what to do!!!:cry:

Jigglysaint
08-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Ah. Okay. First, go to the d-map editor. Now, there should be a drop down block at the upper left of the editor. It should say "dungeon". Leave it like that. Now, fill out the fields below. You can chose the name of it, the message that appears when you enter it, the map name for zquest, continue position, and some other stuff. Then, you have to link to you dungeon. Find the enterence in the overworld and go to "tile warp" and find the start of your dungeon. Then enter the co-ordinates and press the "go" button and check to see if it's right. If not try again untill you appear at the right spot. Now, inside the dungeon you need to place the green(continue square) and blue(warp square) where the exit from the dungeon is. You place both squares at the very bottom of the screen(when you enter a dungeon, you are automanically pushed down, unless you place those squares right at the edge of the screen). I hope that helps.

Also, there is a thread that's frozen with the offical zquest tutorial, check it out for more help.

MaGicBush
08-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Dangit! I double posted again! (Read below, had the same thing).

MaGicBush
08-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I am having a problem with the template, when I use it(on newfirst) I get this:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=525847&uid=40906

(Ignore the combo page, it should be that way(Well at least I have not filled it in yet :))

As you see it gives these read tiles, and stuff.. Also when I goto add a door it gives me some wierd stuff also. Thanks for any help.

P.S. Yes, you can copy/paste screens between quests.

Jigglysaint
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Did you set the right door set?

MaGicBush
08-09-2002, 07:55 PM
I feel stupid, that's exactly what was wrong. I spent all that time and just needed to change that! Oh well, thank you for helping :).