PDA

View Full Version : It can't be over--not yet!

smokinsammy
08-07-2002, 12:27 AM
:angry: I just completed the first quest in zelda classic. It was great to do all that again. It took me about a day, but I would have been faster without all the smoke breaks:smoking: After I saved Zelda, I watched the credits and just after it said a new quest will start, I got an error!:banghead: "unable to load 2nd.qst" That may be fine though, because I didn't beat the second quest in 1986 and I don't know if I can do it now. I want to know how to play the third quest. And I downloaded a zelda quest called the revenge, how do I play that one? The revenge doesn't even show up in the qst file. After the name registration I have hit B and then tried to get them as a custom quest, but I then get an error "2nd.qst + 3rd.qst not custom quests" I then deleted my entire ZCBeta folder, and down loaded everything again, beat the first quest again and got the same error as before. I noticed the screen shots from the revenge have entirely diferent graphics, but the site I got it from says all you need is zc1.90. My girl friend thinks it is god's way of telling me that I am spending too much time playing video games! What do you think he does between miracles anyway?

Jigglysaint
08-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Runs his church, what else?

Anyway... Get beta 163 and make sure that all the files are in the folder, unzipped. Also, since the second and third quests are not custom quests, you have to play them in order. i never tried to beat the first quest though since I have emulation(and I own the actual game so :blah),

VEL
08-07-2002, 12:35 AM
If you want to play the second quest enter your name as "ZELDA". I think if you enter "ALPHA" you can play the 3rd one.

Cyclone
08-07-2002, 01:41 AM
No, no, guys. He loaded the first quest fine, and the second failed. The problem is most likely that the second quest is not in the same folder.

As for custom quests: smokinsammy, look for my sticky locked topic at the top of this forum (ZC Discussion). There is a guide on loading custom quests; parts of it were written for the first quest (a BIG problem in 1.90), which you can ignore.

So go check that second quest, then follow the instructions here. :)

(Yes, the third quest is ALPHA...or download IT as a custom quest from the old QDB site. Enjoy!)

Cyclone

Qun Mang
08-07-2002, 12:54 PM
He could also be running into the same bug I did. Are you getting an error about the saved game not matching the quest file if you try playing the saved game now?