PDA

View Full Version : GC/XBox Sales

Warlock
08-06-2002, 11:21 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/366/366878p1.html

This doesn't seem to favor either side really, but I thought I'd just point it out cuz it was interesting.. although I don't quite understand their last statement there.. more people want the Xbox than GC, yet more people OWN the GC than the Xbox.. so isn't it safe to say that perhaps some of the ppl who want the Xbox over GC already have a GC? There is also the pricing issue (GC is cheaper, thus maybe more ppl cannot afford an Xbox but can still want one), so I don't know how accurate that research really is.

But otherwise, I don't know why they are doing this now... System sales must be at a low with very few new games coming out this summer and no major holidays since Easter (minus birthdays :D).. they really should look at Christmas numbers ;)

Menokh
08-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Only 2000 gamers? Thats a small number to poll.

Anyways, it's not surprising. MS has said that the XBox can pish some very outrageous number of polys, but they don't tell you that that is without textures.. And Ms has some damned good marketing tactics with the Xbox. Plus I'll have to admit, some of the games are quite good.

But as you said, it'll be interesting to see what happens this holiday season.

Cronic
08-07-2002, 12:32 AM
I bought my GameCube because I figured that Nintendo HAD to have delivered a kick ass product, but after a day with it I decided I shoulda gone with the box... Since the purchase of the box I learned I was truly wrong to have gotten a gay cube period =|

Menokh
08-07-2002, 12:36 AM
The problem with that Cube, is that it is superior to the Xbox hardware wise and what it can push graphically. For example the Cube can handle 8 texture layers while the Xbox gets only 4. But the problem results from the fact that Nintendo shot thier reputation in the foot with the N64; they don't have a whole hell of alot of 3rd party support.

What will determine success since both are so similar in quality(except the box's crashing on me, which I guess makes the cubes non-HD level out) is games. Plain and simple.

Raichu86
08-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
...more people want the Xbox than GC, yet more people OWN the GC than the Xbox.. so isn't it safe to say that perhaps some of the ppl who want the Xbox over GC already have a GC?
That leads me to the conclusion that those people cannot afford the box because of its price. :D

teddyboy420
08-07-2002, 01:15 PM
I won't ever buy an XBOX, I have a PS2 and am very happy with it.

I do however want a GC very badly. I want to be able to play the new Mario, Zelda, and Metroid and a bunch of other games that will never be on PS2 or XBOX.

Tygore
08-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
(minus birthdays :D)

Heh... I LOVE a July Birthday!

AlexMax
08-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Hell DC< if you don't want your game cube that much send it to me, I could use another... ^_^

Cronic
08-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Naw it makes a great paper weight ...

EWild
08-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Or a dust collector ;)

Fiyerstorm
08-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Or you can mod the GC into a R/C car.....I saw it before..I dunno whre tho. :D

Warlock
08-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Tygore

Heh... I LOVE a July Birthday!

How true! I mean, it is perfect. It balances out all the gift-receiving holidays:

Easter in Spring, Birthday in Summer, and then you have Christmas which isn't too far away.. I suppose if you want a fall one you can use Halloween, since you get candy :)

AlexMax
08-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Naw it makes a great paper weight ...

Admit it...you still like the GC...even if a teeny bit.... ^_^

Orion
08-08-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86

That leads me to the conclusion that those people cannot afford the box because of its price. :D

That makes no sense. If they can't afford an X-Box now when it's $200 how could they afford a GameCube when it was $200??

Anyway, Warlock, you get presents on easter? I'm lucky to get a present on my B-Day...