PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy in Leesburg, Georgia

Cambooty
08-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Most people couldn't relate to something like this but it has to be one of the saddest things ever to happen to me. A place where i practically grew up in burnt down yesterday, August 5th. This place was called the Red House. I've been camping there since my 8th grade summer, which means I've been goin there for goin on about 3 years. It may not seem like a long time but more things have happened there than most people go through their entire lives.

Built in 1947, the Red House was an old abandoned YMCA house, condemned in '94 because of the flood. It was like an happy old man who welcomed all strangers.

I know you people dont care, but I felt that I needed to let other people know about such a wonderful place, and now, since its gone, the olny place it still lives is in memories. Wonderful, wonderful memories....

Paradox
08-06-2002, 10:07 PM
don't forget them if it makes you so happy.

Drunken Tiger
08-06-2002, 10:14 PM
That sucks!! Well at least you have you still have the memories!!

slothman
08-07-2002, 12:10 AM
The closest thing I have is a barn that caught on fire twice near were I used to live. Do you know what caused the fire?

teddyboy420
08-07-2002, 12:27 PM
That sucks, I understand what that's like. You can never go back now, at least not in the physical sense. But it will always be there to take trips to in your head. At least you have the memories.

Cambooty
08-07-2002, 02:18 PM
I've heard the fire was started, ironically, with some matressess we brought in to sleep on. Apparently some one(We now know who) lit them up, and I dont know what happened after that.

Cyclone
08-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Cambooty
I've heard the fire was started, ironically, with some matressess we brought in to sleep on. Apparently some one(We now know who) lit them up, and I dont know what happened after that. Well, the flames spread from the mattress to the building itself. Duh. :p

Sorry about the loss, if it can be called that.

Cyclone

Fiyerstorm
08-07-2002, 02:47 PM
Your town should have the place rebuilt......that way it can be a better structure and it could even be larger.

Raichu86
08-07-2002, 02:55 PM
That's sad. :( Any chance at all that it will be rebuilt?

Cambooty
08-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Wow Cyclone, you're a genius I swear to God. Why waste such incredible talents on a forum, why, you could be a detective:laughing:

Its pretty obvious that its spread, no kidding, but did the kid try to put it out, did he run in panic, did he try to burn down the ENTIRE Red House? So chill out Mr. Detective.

They won't rebuild it, it was just an old abandon YMCA house. We weren't supposed to be camping there, it was kinda illegal. The cops chased us out all the time, but we kept coming. We won't come back anymore, I guess.

Raichu86
08-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Set up a red tent where it stood before. :D

Cambooty
08-07-2002, 03:12 PM
We were gonna do something, but instead, the only thing that stands is the chimney. So in the middle of all the rubble stands the chimney. I think thats a memorial in itself.

Cyclone
08-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Wow, the chimney is still standing?

Tries to imagine the sight.

Cyclone