PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get a Necronomicon?

bigjoe
08-06-2002, 04:46 AM
Just curious...

Darunia
08-06-2002, 04:54 AM
Search in Google.

or go to http://www.necronomicon.com

bigjoe
08-06-2002, 05:08 AM
I would prefer it untranslated. But I might check that out.

Gerudo
08-06-2002, 07:22 AM
looks like BigJoe has really "turned to the dark side"...

Menokh
08-06-2002, 07:28 AM
The Necronomicon. For those who are wondering it is a religious book of the ancient Sumerian religion. I has stories of good and evil and rituals and spells for both good and evil. It is a mythical book that is widely misundertsood. And supposedly you're not supposed to read it out load unless you are actually doing a ritual.

As for completely untranslated, you can't find one. The closest you can get is Arabic, but thats not Sumerian is it? I got my copy at Borders. It will be mostly in English but will have the really important bits in Sumerian, and it has the freaky autobiographical story of the person who orignally translated it(sometimes known as the Mad Arab).

teddyboy420
08-06-2002, 11:39 AM
You can find it at most bookstores. And actually you can find a translated one b/c I have a full english version that is also fully illustrated.

Adding on to Menokhs explanation this is also the book that inspired many of H.P. Lovecrafts stories. For anyone who has never read Lovecraft, we're talkin seriously freaky stuff here. It was written by the Mad Arab (can't remember his name) and is supposed to be as old (if not older than) the bible I think.

Just wondering BigJoe, are you planning to call back the
Elder gods?

DukenukemX
08-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Hey look buy the Satanic Rituals and get the Devil's Notebook free. What a deal. :gavel:

Posted by teddyboy420
Elder gods?

The earth is for loading and unloading people only. No gods allowed. :badrazz:

You people don't put candles on the ground and start chanting in some old tongue? Do you? :eek:

How many people are into this stuff?

bigjoe
08-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by teddyboy420

Elder gods?

Nah , just studying. Thats all. Really.

Cronic
08-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DukenukemX
How many people are into this stuff?

Too fuckin many... Religion is by far the silliest invention (beating out the pet rock only slightly) we clothed monkeys have ever made...

Menokh
08-06-2002, 04:13 PM
To clarify some stuff about the Necronomicon. HP Lovecraft had never actually seen a copy of it. He had only heard of it and had to go by third party descriptions. He didn't really know what it was and as such made it into something evil.

The real Necronomicon is neutral, as I mentioned it was used for both good and evil. And the Elder Gods are the good guys and they left for some reason. All this is a book of a long dead religion, supposedly some of these rituals actually work, and thats a scary concept.

and Duke, you mantioned two books by Anton Levey. I feel a need to clrify yet again. Levey only called his religion Satanism, they don't actually worship anything, religious atheists if you will. Levey named it that to simply scare the fuck out of people, it worked. Leveyan(I think thats a word) Satanists don't believe in the Chritian god or Satan or any other god for that matter. They believe in the power of the individual mind. Oh and they HATE sheeple.