PDA

View Full Version : Slamball is the shit!

The Silent Assassin
08-05-2002, 11:35 PM
Ok, I know we posed about this...but from what I read...it didn't sound anything like what I saw. Dude, this is like watching a video game...but only real life...it's like NBA Jam in real life.

Seriously, this beats the hell out of XFL.

Thunderbird
08-05-2002, 11:37 PM
I saw a Slamball game on TNN (I think, may have been Comedy Central) and I thought MAN that is one hell of a game. Something that looks like a very interesting game to play :).

EWild
08-05-2002, 11:50 PM
TNN, and it is the shit, more the shit than the X(WTF?)FL. I loved it, it had basketball, trapolines, hard hitting, continous play, sweet jams, and the McNasty. Can't wait till' next Saturday. BTW methinks there are some other threads with slamball. :shrug:

Thunderbird
08-06-2002, 12:03 AM
Figured it was TNN. Comedy Central has had some weird stuff that you wouldn't think would be on it though :blah:.

What the hell is the XFL anyway? :P

EWild
08-06-2002, 12:10 AM
A "Xtreme" football made by the WWE's Vince McMan (Sp?) that had nothing differnt from the NFL and it sucked in general.

Mak-X
08-06-2002, 12:23 AM
It was hilarious at first when I saw the game start and the player's jumped off trampolines to shoot the ball. It just seems to be missing something that Basketball has, something with the strategy, it just seemed like they were just going from one end of the court to the other most of the time, I dunno.

Breaker
08-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
something with the strategy, it just seemed like they were just going from one end of the court to the other most of the time, I dunno.

It was based off of basketball...what more did you expect? =p

Mak-X
08-06-2002, 12:48 AM
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally...?

What I mean is it takes away the major point of dribbling and stealing, then again I'm not really into sports, so its just an observation of my limited view. Ah I see, that's right theres more attacking with the jumping and blocking, trying to steal the ball.