PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz Gamecube controller

Cronic
08-05-2002, 12:49 AM
For starters... it's a bit "tough" the first couple of times you use it... as in tyhe buttons feel kinda stiff, but after that they loosen up (about 20 minutes of SSBM does the trick) and from there the controller itself isn't nearly as odd to handle... to me the GCN controller feels a bit too small, and scrunched up, and also the texure I guess.... feels very hard to me... from there you have more suddle differences... for one the Z button is way more accesible than it's official counterpart, and also try this with your official controller...

Most of us have access to SBM correct? wel go to the player select screen and try and move your hand from side to side in a horizontal line... getting it to go across in a straight line is nearly impossible... However the mad catz fixes that sensitivity without takin anything away from control... in fact I would say overall control is far better on this new 3rd party controller than with the official... aside from being programable (which I can never figure out) the anolog sticks have a nice grip top so it doesn't slip nearly as much... if you don't like the way your Gamecube games "feel" while controlling them I would highly suggest this controller.

Also it's 14.99 as oppsed to 19.99 ;)

The Savior
08-05-2002, 01:12 AM
When you say the texture is differant, what exactly do you mean by that? I'm considering painting my GC controllers because of the fact that they're ass ugly, and perhaps a rougher texture would help the paint stick on better.

Hermit
08-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
...from there you have more suddle differences...

"Subtle" my good man :)

I tell you what, when another game is released that is actually worth playing on the GC that would warrant me dusting it off and refrain from me using it as a $200 cup holder (coaster), I'll greatly consider this new controller of yours. Deal ? ;)

zfreak2004
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Well the controller may be good but i absolutely refuse to buy anything that is made by Mad Catz. Because of a bad experience i had with one of their N64 controllers. The Z Button broke and fell INTO the controller and the controll stick was jerky and too spingy. Plus it broke on me once in the middle of play.

KINGOFALLME2
08-05-2002, 03:14 PM
What the hell does the macro button do????:mega:

Cronic
08-05-2002, 04:17 PM
good fuckin question =/

EWild
08-05-2002, 04:38 PM
It's a rapid fire button methinks :shrugs: I hate Mad Catz anyways but I'll try any controller once. :\

SquallLionheart
08-05-2002, 05:23 PM
the Macro function is great for fighting games, it stores button combinations (example D, D + >, > FP does Ryu's Hadoken correct? turn on the Macro and then do it, then turn it off. Press the M button, your hadoken will be one button press away....)

I love mad catz's controller, it's very good, but this is the first one they haven't screwed up with.

KINGOFALLME2
08-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SquallLionheart
the Macro function is great for fighting games, it stores button combinations (example D, D + >, > FP does Ryu's Hadoken correct? turn on the Macro and then do it, then turn it off. Press the M button, your hadoken will be one button press away....)

I love mad catz's controller, it's very good, but this is the first one they haven't screwed up with.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!:lol:

Cronic
08-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Has anyone tried the SSBM test I brought up?

The Savior
08-05-2002, 06:50 PM
I tried the test, and it was next to impossible with a standard GC controller. As for the Mad Catz hating thing, I've never had a problem with any of their products, ever.

teddyboy420
08-06-2002, 01:16 PM
I will usually never buy anything from Mad Catz, I found that MOST of their products suck major ass.

On the other hand I trust DC's opinion on most things game related. I guess I'll have to wait til I get a GC to try it for myself.

Raichu86
08-07-2002, 01:01 PM
I'll take your word for it. I've had enough experiences with Mad Catz products that I'll never buy one of them again. If I find that the GameCube controller bothers me, I'll most likely try Pelican's controller (I've had good experiences with their products).