PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to start over?

Beldaran
08-04-2002, 01:22 PM
I was playing Super Metroid. I got into the second world...I think its called Brinstar, and I got the special gun so you can shoot 3 lazers, and I also got the high jump. Remember where you get the high jump? That's where I am.

I am stuck. I cannot seem to proceed anyfarther. There are two doors that lead to liquid lava rooms where I die...there is a door leading to a metallic hallway with closing doors I cannot get past, and there is the room with the high jump. Now, I tried going back, but there is no way to climb back up.

Can anyone help me out? Where am I supposed to go???

SquallLionheart
08-04-2002, 01:26 PM
well, if I know where you are, you should go to the elevator room which you take to Norfair and bomb the right hand wall, this is just a clue I'm giving you.

Beldaran
08-04-2002, 02:01 PM
AW! Thank you so much! I never would have noticed that.

I got through and I beat the big ugly green dude and got the VARIA SUIT. COOL! This game is fun.

SquallLionheart
08-04-2002, 02:02 PM
I have that game memorized, you can PM me if you get stuck again.

Mak-X
08-04-2002, 06:15 PM
I just finished Super Metroid again last Thursday night. I finished it in 6hours 20minutes with 82% of the items. Maybe some day I'll try being quick and beat it in 3hours. Without saying too much, its really a great game, though like A Link to the Past, after playing it so many times, it gets shorter and I remember everything.

SquallLionheart
08-04-2002, 08:17 PM
I've beaten Super Metroid three times, the first to learn it, the second to get everything and the third to cream it.

That's all it took, now I memorize the game.

jman2050
08-04-2002, 08:27 PM
This game owns. One of the absolute best games of all time. I cannot stress this enough. A bit easy, but then again that's what the future SM hack is for :D . Here's a challenge for you SquallLionheart: Beat the game with an item count of 15%. Only a few people have done it successfully. To do it you must get ONLY these items:

Morphing ball
Bombs
15 Super Missiles, 10 missiles/10 super missiles, 15 missiles, either will work.
5 power bombs
Speed Boots
3 energy tanks
varia suit
gravity suit
charge beam

it CAN be done because I have gotten as far as the second form of Mother Brain. It's hard as crap, especially with that crazy Sidewinder contraoller. i still haven't beaten it (but then again, the last time I touched it was months ago :sweat: ).

Link 101
08-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I beat that game who knows how many times. I beat in 2 hours and 30 minutes before. Samus looks good in a bickini!:D

mrz84
08-06-2002, 05:10 PM
indeed she does. :kawaii:

Masamune
08-06-2002, 05:34 PM
i'm stuck to. i'm at this place that's all underground and it's full of quicksand. (drawing a blank on the name). i don't know whereto go form there. >_<

Mak-X
08-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Masamune
i'm stuck to. i'm at this place that's all underground and it's full of quicksand. (drawing a blank on the name). i don't know whereto go form there. >_<

If its Deep Norfair, you either have to continue onward, or you've already defeated Ridley. I never found a way back after beating Ridley, and usually just ran through the acid filled room with full life.
The map tells you what area you are in.

jman2050
08-06-2002, 06:35 PM
There is a way. Go to the room with the falling boulders and the skull things. At the top, the left door takes you to a room with power bombs that you can't access from there. however, to the left is a false wall. it doesn't show up in the X-Ray scope though. Technical explanation, i won't bother. Anyways, continue on and you should eventually end up in the upper portions of Norfair.

Link 101
08-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Yeah what he said. Did you get the plasma beam yet? If so you probably do have to go to the Mother Brain.