PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?!?!?!

Bloodstar64
08-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Ok. This is getting werid.

I am trying to download a zip file off the internet, but for some reason windows keeps trying to open the file in windows media player. I did get the file I wanted but when I click on a .zip file on a web page it trys to open it in windows media play? Does anyone know what is going on?

EDIT:Thats odd. I guess it was just those 2 zip files that were causing the problem.

Paradox
08-03-2002, 11:02 PM
if you don't have winzip and you tried opening it (where you get that message box asking you what program opens it) and you said win media by accident or something, that would be the problem.

try opening winzip by itself and then opening the zip file from inside the program.

Bloodstar64
08-03-2002, 11:10 PM
I have Winrar on my system. I guess it was just those files that didn't work.

vegeta1215
08-04-2002, 01:22 AM
IE's mime types are probably messed up. When saving things from the web, right click and do save-as.

Also be sure you have your file associations set up right, so that Winrar or any other compression prog opens zip files.

Toolie
08-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Make sure the .zip extension is being used by a compression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR ( or if you're using XP, make sure the OS is handling the extensions with its internal program ).

DsS Game
08-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Right-Click, Save Target As. if it keeps on doing that.

It sometimes does that to me so that is the best way to do it.