PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Fruit Snax......WOOTSY!

Fiyerstorm
08-03-2002, 06:33 PM
I was at the super market and I was looking for some Gushers but instead I found Nintendo fruit snacks lol. I bought them...It has the star from Super Mario 64, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Link.

Speaking of Nintendo food, what are your memories of them? There was cereals, snack cakes (I think), etc....

Mitsukara
08-03-2002, 06:38 PM
I once had a box of Macaroni and Cheese with noodles that were supposed to be shaped like various characters from Super Mario World.. I've heard of there also being fruit-flavored soft drinks ('Luigi Berry" and soforth), honey cookies, and of course the afformentioned cereal.

Samson007
08-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Yeah nintendo has done everything.

I gotta go get some of theos fruit snax!

This was evil post #666:sb:

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 08:19 PM
I get the Nintendo fruit snacks everywhere week for like the last several months. I need like 2 boxes because I eat all the fruit pieces at once in my mouth. They just don't fill you up and then you want more! They need to come in bigger bags or something.

A long time ago there used to be Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda fruit snacks. I think if you got a blue Princess Peach you'd win a T-Shirt. I remember the yellow shields in the Zelda fruitsnacks would always be harder than the rest for some reason.

EWild
08-03-2002, 09:06 PM
I used to eat Mario maceroini and the GB fruit snack which you get T-Shirts after buying so many and sending in the Tokens.

Brian
08-03-2002, 11:52 PM
Nobody's mentioned the Mario soda from Shasta. I used to love that, and drank it all the time. I've even saved two cans for collecting (Yoshi's Apple and Mario's Punch) There was also Princess' Cherry.

The Silent Assassin
08-04-2002, 12:02 AM
Hi-C has Nintendo Characters on the back right now.

Rijuhn
08-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Brian
There was also Princess' Cherry.

OMG, that's so wrong. I don't know if you get it or even if Nintendo intended for it to sound like it does. The reason it's so obivious to me is because they had Mario's Punch which is a physical thing, so when I was trying to figure out what her Cherry was I nearly feel on the floor laughing. Good ol' Nintendo.

Hermit
08-04-2002, 12:34 AM
These products are geared towards children who, thankfully, don't have your mindset Rijuhn ;)

Cyclone
08-04-2002, 01:00 AM
I was gonna say, I would HOPE that kids don't know what Princess' "cherry" is...:p

Cyclone

vegeta1215
08-04-2002, 01:24 AM
I loved Nintendo cereal (and the commercial for it). I don't remember Nintendo fruit snacks though (if they had them back in the late 80's early 90's).

You know what was neat though? They had Mario 3 toys in the Happy Meals at McDonald's long ago. I still have them in my attic I think, with all my other old Happy Meal toys I had when I was little.

Beldaran
08-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Brian
There was also Princess' Cherry.

LMFAO I swear to god , that was the funniest thing I've seen all night. It never occured to me until Rijuhn poited it out, at which point I just fell apart laughing.

OMG that is so hillarious!:lol: :laughing: :lol: :laughing:

Mak-X
08-04-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I loved Nintendo cereal (and the commercial for it). I don't remember Nintendo fruit snacks though (if they had them back in the late 80's early 90's).

You know what was neat though? They had Mario 3 toys in the Happy Meals at McDonald's long ago. I still have them in my attic I think, with all my other old Happy Meal toys I had when I was little.

Yup, they had Zelda(with Zelda 2 art) and Mario fruit snacks back in the 80s or early 90s. Link's shield had the cross removed of course in the art and fruit piece, with just the lighting, or a lightning symbol remaining. I think I remember the back of the Zelda box having that picture of Impa holding Link's hand with the Triforce symbol on it, I could be wrong.

I never got Racoon Mario or Koopa Paratroopa, I had Goomba and cloud Luigi. Never got Mario. Never got Mario. Never got Mario...That day became known as an awful day...all they had was extra Peanuts toys, I wanted the toys in the display case...

Rijuhn
08-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran

LMFAO I swear to god , that was the funniest thing I've seen all night. It never occured to me until Rijuhn poited it out, at which point I just fell apart laughing.

OMG that is so hillarious!:lol: :laughing: :lol: :laughing:

Glad to know I made a difference in the community. ;)

Brian
08-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Haha yeah, I didn't even notice that all these years until now. Its a matter of thinking from a certain angle, I guess. :cool:

Dart Zaidyer
08-04-2002, 09:27 PM
I remember Super Mario World cookies. Mmmm.... cookies... *gargle-argle-argle*

Ultra22Lemming
08-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Well I knew there was candys for cartoons but I never knew they had that stuff for Nintendo Charecters, other than those fruit roll ups.