PDA

View Full Version : game magazines?

Paradox
08-03-2002, 01:21 PM
who buys game magazines?
i sometimes get PC Gamer (with the demo disc :blah:) but i dont have a subscription for it.

vegeta1215
08-03-2002, 01:37 PM
I subscribe to Nintendo Power, and have since like issue 20 (they're now up to like issue 150+) But when I go into magazine stores, I always flip through the other ones to see what's happening.

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 01:41 PM
I regularly buy Electronic Gaming Monthly and need to subscribe. I've been buying Nintendo Power sometimes, its ok, lot's of info on Nintendo stuff as always, they could loose a lot of the ads though.

Dragon
08-03-2002, 01:42 PM
I've been getting Nintendo Power since it came out. I also get the Offical X-box magazine.

By the Way, why doesn't Nintendo Power have a Demo Disc in their magazine? The price of making the disk is supposed to be camparative to the price of making CDs and DVDs, so why don't they join the other Offical Consoloe Specific Magazines and have a disk with theirs?

mrz84
08-03-2002, 01:47 PM
i had a subsrpition to egm but after our 1st issue arrived in may we haven't seen one since. it was a 2-year subby and we haven't gotten any new ones! WHYYYYYYYYY?! MUST I SMOOOOOSH THEM FOR NOT DELIVERING THE GAMING GOODNESS I PAID FOR?!

DukenukemX
08-03-2002, 01:48 PM
I stopped using Magazines long time ago. With the internet who needs magazines for news and pictures of upcoming games.

NerdWarrior
08-03-2002, 01:51 PM
mags are better, they are cheaper than IGN, they are not dependant on computers, and best of all, you can read them while on the crapper.

I really do need to subscribe to EGM. NP is okay for glancing at, but it isn't really worth it imho.

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 02:44 PM
There's still nothing like getting a physical book every month with all the information right there in your hands for you to flip to. Maybe my online experience would be better if I had broadband for the movies and many images, but I still find myself enjoying magazines. EGM does a great job with its letters, giant preivews section, reviews, special features, codes...

Artevoi
08-03-2002, 06:22 PM
In my opinion, Nintendo Power is just a 160(?) page advertisement for Nintendo stuff. I used to get Gamepro, until I realized that it sucks all kinds of ass, plus some new and unknown kinds of ass. Now I stick with EGM (fanboys that they are), and PC Gamer.
It's nice having something you can actually read without being connected to the internet.

teddyboy420
08-04-2002, 10:55 PM
I regularly buy EGM, and I, like a bunch of people here "really need to subscribe". When I had NES I had a sub for Nintendo Power(it is a 160 page advertisment for Nintendo stuff, it's put out by nintendo).

I've tried them all and I really like EGM the best. I like Magazines, I also have a sub for Maxim( also a very good mag),like mak said, "there's nothing like a good physical book every month... and you can read them in the bathroom

DsS Game
08-05-2002, 12:25 AM
I get em for free in the mail. :)