PDA

View Full Version : HTLOZ is back! HTWOZ!

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 02:29 AM
http://www.htwoz.com/

Cool, just when I was commenting today that old Zelda sites were going down, HTLOZ comes back as Hyrule: The World of Zelda. I saw a post about it on the IGN Zelda board. Just good to see a big Zelda site like that back. Aren't you happy Orion? :)

Menokh
08-03-2002, 06:50 AM
Cool.
Although it looks as though they are rather far behind with that OZ news they have on the first page. Netplay.. that was dropped awhile ago.

Well, time to see what else this site has to offer.

EDIT: hmm.. it seems as though they go by the American order of games. Oh well, still an interesting site. The screenshots of the OoT beta are interesting.

vegeta1215
08-03-2002, 01:26 PM
That site has an article saying Open Zelda is going online! I didn't know that! I had heard a suggestion to make Open Zelda online, but I didn't think it was actually being done.

::note to self, visit open zelda forums from now on::

Anyways, I always thought htloz was a neat page, nice to see it's back up.

EDIT: wtf is this? http://www.htwoz.com/features/view.php?id=4 I dont' think there is a way to open that door, but if there is, I'd like to see it.

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 01:39 PM
Vegeta, like Menokh hinted, HTLOW is talking about an old version GD was working on Zelda Worlds. All that's left is a chat client that you can use to have other people to connect to and walk around and talk. You can download it from the Open Zelda website. I agree, I haven't been following Open Zelda that much but last I checked online play was dropped.

Heh, that part about Majora's Mask is just something people made up. Looks like you can send in your own "secrets".

vegeta1215
08-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Heh, that part about Majora's Mask is just something people made up. Looks like you can send in your own "secrets".

That's what I thought too. Still, I wish there was a way to open that door, I felt sorry for the Deku Butler's son :(

DO you think the people running this new site are the same that ran the former one? Sure the design look similar, but the old one was more flashy.

On another note, it looks like the great deku tree site is back up (linked by htwoz). Good to see all these old Zelda sites coming back. Now all we need is zhq ::cough:: TSA ::cough:: :D

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 02:07 PM
I never paid attention to who ran the old site of HTLOZ. Someone's post on the IGN board said it wasn't by the same people. Yet the design is very similar, along with the forums and lettering. Could be some people from the website or community.

Now why the heck can't I post on their forums? They must be reviewing everyone before they send a confirmation e-mail.

Urgh..they need work on their games section. I can see its not finished but the story part. The Triforce of Power was recovered along with Wisdom in the Legend of Zelda! Power wasn't hidden!

"Only by sprinkiling the blood of the Hero over his ashes would bring Gannon back to life. The only way to kill the hero was to lure him away from Princess Zelda, and so a spell was cast to place Zelda in a death like sleep. The only way to remove this spell was to use the Triforce of courage. Impa, Zelda's loyal nursemade summoned Link."

Interesting take on the Zelda 2 story, they don't mention the part about the sleeping Princess Zelda being asleep long ago, just the current one. Though its a little off about luring him away from Princess Zelda.

From this article http://www.htwoz.com/features/view.php?id=1 it sounds like one of the staff from the previous site is the webmaster for the current one.

There is a awakening, a burning passion, to one day present the True Force of information and of how Zelda was, is, and supposed to be...

Orion
08-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Aah! Kill it! Kill it! *beats HTLOZ or HTLOZ or any other OZ over the head with a very large poolstick.

That place deserved to die in the first place. It must die again.

The Silent Assassin
08-03-2002, 06:30 PM
The first major Zelda website was ZHQ. They shut down, however, just before Ocarina of Time was released. Other sites sprung off of the success of ZHQ including Odyssey of Hyrule and one gem known as Hyrule: The Land of Zelda. These are the first-generation pages.

Dude...they're once again, WRONG. Great way to start their new site.

We died right before MAJORA'S MASK in 2000, not 1998. Bunch of retards...

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 06:58 PM
You could e-mail them and tell them the truth and point to the web archive.

Warlock
08-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Dude, wasn't HTLoZ just a renaming of the Golden Land, or am I thinking of Deku Tree?

And Oddessy of Hyrule wasn't that big if I remember correctly.. they did a lot of the rumors and glitches crap and that was really it.. I don't think they were much before OoT came out.

Orion
08-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Cool, just when I was commenting today that old Zelda sites were going down, HTLOZ comes back as Hyrule: The World of Zelda. I saw a post about it on the IGN Zelda board. Just good to see a big Zelda site like that back. Aren't you happy Orion? :)

Oh, I'm thrilled to death, but what on Earth were you doing on the IGN boards? For shame.

Anywho, you can still find Odyssey of Hyrule here: http://www.tbi.net/~max/zelda64.htm

Both HTLOZ and OoH sucked anyhow. Someone really needs to teach these people a few things. VGX (webmaster of OoH) is a moron. Just look at the site. All it is is long and drawn out articles about VGX gets this, VGX gets that, VGX gets an enima, etc. ANd he probably thinks we care too.

Mak-X
08-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Odyessy of Hyrule and Oddity of Hyrule look like their just websites for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask respectively.

What do you guys look for in a Zelda website?

Rijuhn
08-03-2002, 11:44 PM
I don't know about and I could care less about the sites history. I'm just happy that the forever dead site is back up, yay and shit!

It's funny because I still keep the old url bookmarked in remeberence of the site and I guess I did the trick. Thanks Rijuhn.

The Silent Assassin
08-03-2002, 11:46 PM
Legends of Zelda is the most impressive site I have seen yet since ZHQ.

Mak-X
08-04-2002, 01:46 AM
I agree, Legends of Zelda (http://loz.zeldalegends.net) is a great site, mainly dealing with the story side of Zelda, which the webmaster has written many well written articles on.