PDA

View Full Version : Release! Beta CGBZ Tileset!

Glenn the Great
08-02-2002, 09:04 PM
I've settled down to start working on it again, and I've decided that what with the new changes to ZC's combo pages and all, I will be scrapping much of it and starting over so everything will be much better organized. I know I've kept everyone waiting for over half a year, and I don't want anyone to have to wait anymore, so I'm giving out what I've done so far in the form of a Graphics Pack compatible with the current public beta. In this you should find a thousand or so tiles in the form of the overworlds of all three GBC Zelda games, and some house and cave tiles. Sorry, no dungeons, but it'll be easy to add onto it. Please accredit me in some form or fashion if you put this to use or modify it.

http://glenn.armageddongames.com/CGBZ.zgp

DarkSFK
08-02-2002, 09:08 PM
Thank you! I will be using those in my quests, most likely!

laughing1989
08-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Heh, Im a lazy guy, so I can't survive without dungeons :D. But still, those are some really good tiles.

Jigglysaint
08-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Great, now I can start on that game I wanted to do.

Wait, the graphics pack doesn't work!(looks at beta) Uh, never mind....

Edit: If I knew how to add the palettes into the tiles I could have ripped them no prob since hgb allows for dumping the chr data, but not the paletts.

*b*
08-03-2002, 12:29 AM
*X2 Maverick Boss beaten theme plays as he downloads, then does a happy dance* lol. I've been waiting for the for long time! THANK YOU GLENN! *ahem* right, not to start a new quest on the side of FF :)

IceMan2x
08-03-2002, 04:04 AM
wow... i remember the demo in the public beta... that was before i got banned =O glad to see your still working on them

JayeM
08-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Welcome back, Glenn, and thanx for the tileset! :)

Cambooty
08-04-2002, 05:42 PM
wow this zgp is awesome.. its so organized! Great job Glenn, great job!

Nick
08-04-2002, 06:13 PM
With recoloring and retouching, these work nicely with the old ML tiles. Thanks. :)

Menokh
08-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Some of these tiles will come in handy in MOE.

Thanks Glenn. These are great.

ShadowTiger
08-05-2002, 10:28 AM
AAH! The Link doesn't work! When I click on it, only 5 lines of garbage pour out! Darn my Luck!

bigjoe
08-08-2002, 09:48 PM
ZC lacks several features that the CGBZ requires(assuming you want to add EVERY tile from the Gameboy series) , most namely key blocks. Sure , you could take the key block tile. But what good would it be without the key block? If I were you , Id convince Dark Nation to add a "key block" flag or something. Just a thought though. Keep up the good work!

(As for why the key block should be a flag ... well , making it a combo would add a variable to each existent combo in ZC, signifigantly boosting the memory requirements)

KJAZZ
08-09-2002, 12:46 AM
Same with a flag, BJ. (Doesn't know what he's talking about)

Finally...been waiting for this for a long time.

Glenn the Great
08-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, the completed ZGP won't be compatible with the beta since I've completely overhauled the combos.

Happyman
08-18-2002, 12:01 AM
Well done GTG.

I've been ripping GB floor tiles. If you were to release a zgp with them all, well, I would be ecstatic.

Although I despise bright bright palettes, I can change them. I will definitely look forward to this one.