PDA

View Full Version : New Mouse and Opera...

MasterSwordUltima
08-02-2002, 06:48 PM
I just got a nice new mouse for my computer. It has 5 buttons, (one is the roller ball thing in the middle that allows you to scroll up and down). It doesn't have that stupid ball on the bottem of it, so I don't have to clean that, w00t, lazerz own! Anywho, how do I "program" Opera to "use" these three new buttons to do shortcuts? I've checked preferences and to no avail...someone please help!

Saffith
08-02-2002, 06:57 PM
An Intellimouse Explorer, by any chance?
Mine's been using the Back and Forward buttons, except it's been going two pages at a time. I checked Opera's site, and they had something about updating the mouse drivers, but it doesn't seem to be helping... Anyone know anything more to do?

Anyway, try searching here (http://www.opera.com/support/) Maybe you can find something.

By the way, it's not a laser. Just a red light.

MasterSwordUltima
08-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey, you got it! But how do I set the buttons to different commands??

Saffith
08-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Hmm, I got mine working. Turns out I hadn't installed the drivers properly.
So after crashing Windows 20-something times, it works now.

Be sure you've installed the new drivers correctly. I can't really help much with that, since I'm still not quite sure what I did. All I know is I ran one of the programs, Explorer crashed, and a setup window came up when I restarted.
Once the new drivers are in, the mouse setup program should be a bit different. (And in a different location — at least, it was for me.) Under the "Buttons" tab, there should be a checkbox to "Enable program-specific settings." Check that and go to settings. Choose Opera as a program, and set whatever button to "Keystroke..." Then put in the command for that button in the window that pops up. (In Opera, Alt+Left is back and Alt+Right is forward.)

I hope that's helpful... Somehow...

MasterSwordUltima
08-03-2002, 12:29 AM
Mine is a "Fellowes" mouse. It came with one of those mini-discs that look oh so cool. I thought that was just for making it work, but it's not. It does make a new location to "tweek" it's settings. I thank you Saffith.