PDA

View Full Version : SSBM event match 50 and 51...

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 02:47 PM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! I cant beat 50! no matter how hard I try, I cant get it! I need some help! any body know any tricks? All I am missing is final destination stage, and old DK Stage, and 12 trophies and I have every thing!!! But I cant beat it!

:banghead: KamiKaZE cOw! :banghead:

Mak-X
08-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Use plenty of evade moves against the Master and Crazy Hands. When you jump in the air use R+the direction you want to go in when a hand comes to slap you. The hand will go right by. Concentrate on one hand and finish it off before taking on the next, but get as many hits in as you can.

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 03:00 PM
I Know... Aerial evades, sidestep evades, rolling evades, not working! They kill me too fast! I use either roy, marth, mr game n watch, ness, luigi, or gannon, And i cant win!

Kairyu
08-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Select Gannondorf. Use his Upward Smash technique (I forget whether it works best charged or not), and alternate to the mid-air normal attack (Without pressing any directions, the two hit kick) when the hands get too far away. Focus on one hand at a time, it's up to you which one, but I tend to take out Master Hand (The one on your right) first. If an attack is about to hit you, jump and press the mid-air dodge button the second you get in the air. You'll get the timing sooner or later.

For 51: There are two methods I'll discuss, the cheap way and the "real" way. For cheap, use Jigglypuff (In Japanese mode, though, because Purin kicks Jigglypuff's... uh, do they have butts?) And use Rest attack on Giga Bowser six or so times to finish him off nearly instantly. Then, Gannondorf and Mewtwo should be easy pickings on their own. For the real way... Chose your best character and FIGHT! Use mid-air and rolling dodges, charged and uncharged smashes, even normal attacks, just keep them from surrounding you or you won't even come CLOSE to standing a chance... and make the best of your three lives! The invincibility period after reappearing will be very useful for slow attacks and picking up Bob-Ombs....

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Doin it right now.. but, use jigly puff for 51?!?!?! ewww... thats scary... finishing the game with jigly puff...and does Giga bowser make any other appearences through out the game?

Edit: hey, whaddaya mean, Japanese mode?

Cronic
08-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Definitly Ganondorf for 50 and Jiggly for 51... so very very easy this way.

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 03:24 PM
ok... Ive killed the right hand once already, but then I was killed... but what did he mean, Japenese mode?

Kairyu
08-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Change the language setting to Japanese. Then, instead of Jigglypuff, you'll be using Purin. The sound effects are way better, there's not even a comparison.

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 03:40 PM
All the sound effects, or just jiglypuffs? Does jigly puff fight any better?

Kairyu
08-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Several voices change, and some characters get new taunt phrases, but it's in Japanese so you don't really understand most of it. The only advantage in terms of gameplay that Purin has over Jigglypuff is that Purin is much less likely to drive you insane than Jigglypuff if the character talks a lot.

SquallLionheart
08-02-2002, 03:55 PM
but Purin and Jigglypuff are the same character......

They can both use rest. I don't get why you'd wanna play it in Japanese.

and yes, Rest is Jigglypuff's best attack. I even think it's better than Roy's fully charged attack

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Bowsers name is changed to Koopa, too... Anyhow, yeah, its cooler in japenese mode, it say GAME SET instead of GAME!
Kewl. And, no one answered this: does giga bowser ever apear elswears in da game?
:banghead: KaMiKaZe cOw :banghead:

SquallLionheart
08-02-2002, 04:28 PM
uhh he's a trophy

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 04:58 PM
Uhhh.. really? Whats it say? how do you get it?

Gerudo
08-02-2002, 05:15 PM
beat adventure mode in normal or above difficulty, no continues

when you beat bowser, dont press anything, watch the sequence... bowser's trophy will come back and you will have to face giga bowser...

beat him for the trophy

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 05:52 PM
Thanks much... uhh.. is there any way to get outta jigglypuf's rest? ( I beat event 50, in 1 minute 31.73 seconds... it was easier if I took out lefty first)

Gerudo
08-02-2002, 06:24 PM
nope, i think the reast lasts like 3 seconds... thats the price you pay for such a kickass attack - being defenseless for 3 seconds

edit: btw, i suggest either marth or roy for 51, cuz they have the down+b counter attack, plus roy has a good fwd+atk smash

KamiKaZe cOw
08-02-2002, 07:08 PM
so does marth. they're pretty much the same character, except marthis faster, and roy is stronger...

blckscab
08-02-2002, 07:30 PM
On the master hand levels, I always use mewtwo, his mid-air electric attack and his up and a attack works quite well against it. have managed to kill the left hand and died with the right hand with only 9hp left before doing this, now that sucks!

MottZilla
08-03-2002, 02:04 AM
I beat 51 with either link or ganon and I beat 51 (giga bowser yes?) with jigglypuff due to the enemy's huge size and that one move jiggly has.