PDA

View Full Version : Threads

Kirby of Doom
08-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Where it says when the last post is, maybe it can also say when the thread was started. Just an idea...

slothman
08-02-2002, 03:20 PM
I've always though that would be interest. Then you know whether a topic was resurrected or not. Plus it could be usuful just for informational purposes. You could see the oldest topic on the front page.

Beldaran
08-02-2002, 03:46 PM
There is a way to check, however. Just click into the thread and see at what date the first post was made. Slightly more inconvenient, but the information is still accessible.

Darunia
08-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Is not a bad idea, but Beldaran's idea is much better :D

Link 101
08-02-2002, 10:26 PM
I don't care about the date of which the topic was made, but it could be convienant.

Drunken Tiger
08-02-2002, 10:37 PM
It would just make the page look all messy and complicated... We dont have enough room for the hack.. Unless you can make it appear when you put your mouse over it or something...

Hermit
08-03-2002, 12:37 AM
If you stick around long enough, you'll become familiar enough with topics to know when they were made. Some people don't like old topics being brought back. Putting a hack in for a solution that is already in existance (Belderans' suggestion) really serves no real purpose other than to take up space. While some hacks and features are convenient and warranted (such as color coding for staff members on the board heading), others are just to succumb to user laziness. This would just be a feature for lazy users, not recommended. Would it really kill you to click on a topic, scan the bottom of the first post for 2 seconds to find the date and time of creation, then hit BACK on your browser ? I think not ;)

Offtopic: And by the way DT, in retrospect to your sig. It takes a lot more than 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap someone. That statement doesn't appear to have accounted for all the muscles in your hand, just the arm ;)

Darunia
08-03-2002, 05:59 AM
Or just, even, open it in another window and check it, meanwhile you can check other topics.. there is no problem.. so.. :shrug:

Drunken Tiger
08-03-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Hermit

Offtopic: And by the way DT, in retrospect to your sig. It takes a lot more than 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap someone. That statement doesn't appear to have accounted for all the muscles in your hand, just the arm ;)

Im sorry.... Ill take that out straight away!! :p

Hermit
08-03-2002, 08:50 AM
You don't have to take it out :(

I was just sayin...

Guess I'm a little too picky about correctness at times :shrug:

Drunken Tiger
08-03-2002, 08:55 AM
I was going to take it out anyway...;)

I think ill make up another one when im asleep tonite....:D

Kirby of Doom
08-03-2002, 08:58 AM
Ok, anyway, back on the topic, it's no big deal. If it's just going to mess things up, it's not worth it.