PDA

View Full Version : Layered multi-under-combo slashables?

MaesterAlucard
08-01-2002, 02:04 PM
On a quest I'm just starting out on, I'm trying to create slashable bushes. Easy, you'd think. However, I want to use several different bush tiles on the same screen, and I want each of them to have their own under-combo. I thought that I could do this by:

1-Activating layer one
2-Placing the slashable bush on a screen on layer one (note that the tile is a bush with transparent pixels around it)
3-Placing the tiles under the bush on layer zero (the ground around and under the bush)

However, apparently you can't use slashables on any layer other than layer zero, or else it acts as a regular wall. I really want to use the multi-under-combo effect for realism, but I can't think of a way to work around it. Any ideas?

If this is hard to understand, I'll try to clarify. It's hard to explain, though...

VEL
08-01-2002, 02:24 PM
You can place secret flags over the bushes and then the bushes will use those instead of under combos.

MaesterAlucard
08-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks, VEL, but do you think there's a better way? This way won't let me put different under combos on the same screen as... say, a bombable wall. I can just use one type of bush per screen with secrets, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows any other way.

Cloral
08-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, that is the only way as of the moment.

MaesterAlucard
08-01-2002, 11:16 PM
Well, it's no big deal, and it's turning out fine. Thanks for the input-it's appreciated.