PDA

View Full Version : The story of my PS2

Jemsee
08-01-2002, 10:54 AM
To apperachate this you must know that a few days ago I took an online IQ test. Never took one befor...the results;
http://www1.evertek.net/~gchalland/IQTest.jpg
So I'm feeling good knowing I'm somewhere between entry level and definitely genius levels.

So I come home from work and set in on my oldest son b/c of a complaint my daughter had against him.
I'm not mad or screaming or anything, just in parent mode.
The whole time he is in on this big surprise and trying to keep a straight face.
So anyway I get done with the parent thing, he’s in front of the PC and betting on "Medal of Honor; Frontline" on e-bay.
I tell him what’s the point when we don't have a PS2 and will not be getting one anytime soon.
Then he sets in on how I should clean my closet, well having just been in parent mode I slip back in and think he has been rummaging in my closet for something and tell him to just stay out of my closet.

You also must understand my closet is off an old bedroom that is now the study/PC room, so that is where we are.
I do not get the hint and look in the closet.

So later my wife calls me up and asks about the internet cable modem which happens to be on a shelf high up IN MY CLOSET.
She asks about the lights and what they mean and I, opening the closet door and looking up and turning to her at the same time to show her the modem lights, go into this 10 minuet dissertation about the IP connection and how it works.
She is nodding her head the whole time and keeps getting closer and closer to me, almost pushing me into the closet.
I think she is coming on to me, in a messing around fashion, and tell her to go away and slip by her and close the closet door.
My wife and son look at each other and just bust up.
I'm totally clueless, what’s so funny?
So this is where my high (ha ha) IQ comes in.
I figure there is something up in the closet, I open the door and there on a stack of clean cloths is a vary large PS2 box and a sac of other things for it.
When she was pushing me I would have had to been actually leaning on the box so as not to fall over.

So I take out the box and stuff and because I'm just a bit on the offensive now I ask how this was paid for and bla, bla, bla...
I then actually did the dance of joy...jumped up and down and clapped like a little kid at Christmas.
All in all I got the PS2, an extra duel shock controller, 8meg memory card, a stand (??), and the FF-X game.
So for being so obliviously stupid, I made out vary well.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Fiyerstorm
08-01-2002, 11:00 AM
Wow.

*checks parent's closet*

:(

That's quite funny.

King Link
08-01-2002, 11:41 AM
Wow, very interesting story Jemsee. Should've looked in the closet sooner, then you would have more time to play. ;) Then again how could you know?

Either way, congratulations on your new bundle of joy.

gdorf
08-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Sweet, I want a "parent closet". (: