PDA

View Full Version : My First MAGIX music maker creation

GuitarmanTim
08-01-2002, 09:14 AM
I downloaded...uhm, I mean "bought" Magix music maker and messed around with it for a while. I made this little thing up and turned it into an mp3, check it out, it turned out ok if I say so myself:
Here it is (http://tileshop.armageddongames.com/Watersong.mp3)
It's basictly just a bunch of samples I got from the internet put together in a song. If u listen closely you will hear crickets, an african waterdance, african drums, waterdrops, bells and lots more. It's not done yet but I like messing with it, check it out and tell me what you think :)

Jemsee
08-01-2002, 09:47 AM
http://search.gozilla.com/deadlink.asp?fn=Watersong.mp3&lc=http://tileshop.armageddongames.com/Watersong.mp3&msg=404%20Not%20Found

Currently Down
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _closedb() in /home/httpd/sites/gozilla/html/deadlink.asp on line 43

Don't know if it's my gozilla or your site, but can't get at it.
Will try lator, gozilla has been a little messed up lately anyway.

GuitarmanTim
08-01-2002, 09:57 AM
it's me, I'm still uploading the file ;) check again in 10 minutes.

*edit*

ok it's up

Verman
08-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Hey guy go onto KaZaa and git a program called Acid Pro 3.0...Its awsome you can put all your tracks together to create a song. If you like you can play drums save it, play guitar save it and then put them together with all the other shit you want.

Pretty cool...theres also cakewalk sonar 2 which is supposedly even better, i dled it but i havent used it yet.

GuitarmanTim
08-01-2002, 11:36 AM
I've heard alot about Cakewalk Sonar 2, I tried some other Cakewalk version a while back but don't really like it (probably because my comp is kinda to slow for it) but in a few months I'm gonna get some really profesional software so watch out then ;)

Jemsee
08-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Ok, I got it.
Interesting. I can see why you call it "Watersong".
Don't know why but I envisioned a pond with frogs, like in FF-9.
Could use a little more variety maybe, but was good.

GuitarmanTim
08-01-2002, 01:28 PM
thanx, and I know but I was out of good samples :p

Hermit
08-01-2002, 03:55 PM
What MAGIX MUSIC version is it ?

I've used my 2 versions for years and still do and love 'em ;)

Lately, I've also gotten in to the habit of adding mod trackers to the mix as well. Too bad there isn't software that combines everything I use into 1 simple proggie :shrug:

I actually bought and paid for mine too :thumbsup:

Rijuhn
08-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Hmm...it's pretty good considering.

GuitarmanTim
08-02-2002, 08:37 AM
thanx, and it's Magix music maker 6 basic

Mini-Me
08-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! That was sweet!!!! I wish I could do something like that!!

Ok.. I'm a big critic though, and parts of it were too repeating, you used too much bird, and the guitar at the end was a little much..

THat was SWEET though!! :D

Keep it up!!!

stormwatcheagle
08-02-2002, 02:58 PM
Nice song, and you guys have some interesting sprites in the back...

GuitarmanTim
08-02-2002, 03:57 PM
thanx Mini-Me (and anyone else), I know it's to repeating and short and the guitar part doesn't fit but remember, I had to go get these samples from the internet, from free sites, cut them up and paste them into a song. It's only a small mockup of what I can do with this basicly, should I get the/a full version of a program like that, You mostly get around 2000 samples with it, so then I'll be able to make something really sweet. But that's not totally my style, I'm a rocker ya know, not a DJ ;)

Beldaran
08-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey that's pretty tight man.:thumbsup:

Hermit
08-03-2002, 12:52 AM
I don't really see that a full version is warranted. I use my MAGIX Studio V2000 Deluxe and Gen. 5 daily. I have a creation proggie or for just about every music format. Sure, you could go out and buy the full version and get a nice batch of samples. But over the years, I've found that the best, easiest, and most importantly free, way to get samples and to mix samples is through MODs. Midis are good, but are limited to soundbanks. MODs & Trackers are far superior due to the ability to use anything .WAV as samples for music composition. I tend to interchange and combine between Midi and MOD quite frequently ;)

MasterSwordUltima
08-03-2002, 03:38 AM
Dude, I like. Now if you want the whole thing for free, download KaZaA GT. I've found MAGIX MUSIC there just now, the whole thing including the free samples. In fact, I'm downloading it right now...I'll prolly make a megaman trance or something after I figure it out.

GuitarmanTim
08-03-2002, 06:43 AM
I know MSU, but that download was just a bit to big for me at that moment ;) (yeah, I have cable but I had no time ;))

Thanx, Beldaran, like I said, just a little something I messed with.