PDA

View Full Version : Which enemy should go on the first screen?

Nick
07-31-2002, 12:15 PM
*sigh*

Yet another quest rant brought to you by Nick.

I've noticed lately that people have been asking every question in the world about what should be in their quest. :odd:

I know that most of the questions relate to group quests (that's ok), but there are some questions about regular quests I have found. :sweat:

Studies show that doing what you want to do comes up with a more fun quest making experience. Doing what other people want simply stresses you and rushes you. It should be easy enough to find which midi YOU like better for an overworld or pick which tileset YOU want to use. I admit I had a silly vote on which tileset I should use, but I went against the results in the end anyway. :blah:

This is more about advice than a rant, but I'm just warning those who ask everyone about most of the details in their quest if there are people like that out there.

C-Dawg
07-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Doing what I want to do with my quest making experience would be very unpleasant for my neighbors and probably lead to my arrest.

-C

Praethus
07-31-2002, 07:06 PM
Leave it to C-Dawg, to come up with something completely non-related about any topic.

I put stuff in my quest that I would like to see in a quest.

Blankboard
07-31-2002, 09:29 PM
I just ask about things when Im in a complete deadlock and dont care which way it goes...... but most of these questions really suck..... *mockingly*Should I make Link start out with the wooden sword or no sword :newbie: thnx........... really annoying..

Third Child
07-31-2002, 11:22 PM
as far as the enemies on the first screen, i usually don't put any opting for the "sanctuary", enemy-free start screen. but as far as quest making, i do what i want to do, if other people like it then good for them.

JayeM
08-01-2002, 12:07 AM
I agree, Nick. People should learn to make up their own minds or flip a coin. I stopped responding to those threads a long time ago but I've noticed there are a lot more of them lately.

Qusetonui
08-01-2002, 12:39 AM
Here are Alucard's examples of some stupid questions:

Newbie question: "Should I add custom bosses?"

Alucard's answer: No. They would take too much of your time and Nick is one of the only members who can master this feature.

Newbie question: "I want to start a group quest. Can I have people volunteer?"

Alucard's answer: I am not the group quest type, so sorry.

Newbie question: "Who should be the boss of Level x (x is the level number)? I want an answer!"

Alucard's answer: I would decide by a coin flip. Slowly start with the weaker bosses and end with the toughest bosses in Zelda Classic history.

Newbie question: "Can I get a good member (let's use Nanoon's Minion {hey, he does not exist} for the example) to help me make a quest?"

Alucard's answer: Probably no. You probably can do it by yourself.

Final Newbie question: "Can I make a Blue Wizzrobe as the boss of Level 9 (before saving Zelda) in a sand room with 16 hearts and a Master Sword?"

Alucard's answer: :lol: That is pathetic. I can beat that boss in a matter of seconds. Try 10 Deathnuts with statues firing, rocks falling, and spikes on the ground. That is a challenge.

Those are a few examples. Alucard is done speaking with the dumbest questions of his life.

StarFox
08-01-2002, 03:52 AM
Really, I can see why people ask these questions. They just want to please their audience. But what these people have to remember is that they should be making the quest for their own enjoyment. Yeah, this has been said a thousand times: "Do what you want to do. It doesn't matter what other people want. It's what you want." But it's true. People have to remember why they are making quests in the first place. And on that note, I'll answer your urgent question: a red octorok. And if you're really feeling adventurous, a blue octorok. :D

What's that? You weren't serious about needing help on deciding what enemy you should put on the first screen? Sure you weren't, Nick. Just keep telling yourself that.;)

Kairyu
08-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Either a Death Knight, a 40 headed Gleeok 2, or a gel. It's your choice.

Seriously, though, that's totally right. I ended up deleting every single section of my CQ's cave system... and the entire fourth dungeon... and I redid dungeon 3 almost entirely, but there was still some stuff left. And I STILL need to go back and fix the difficulty level...