PDA

View Full Version : Arcade prices

Thunderbird
07-31-2002, 12:34 AM
Anyone else think arcade games are getting a little expensive these days? I've seen a few games that go for $1 per game, but most are still $0.50. I can't decide whether $0.75 a game is too much for Pump It Up IIDX though :blah: .

Note that today was my first time in awhile for playing in arcades. I know I don't get out much ;).

MottZilla
07-31-2002, 01:40 AM
Inflation. Though I do agree they are getting exspensive, but I can understand for a game like StarWars Episode 1 Racer. That's a very exspensive arcade cabinet.

Carmine
07-31-2002, 01:43 AM
Well Arcades are not as hot as they were In the earlly 90's... Very far from It Infact.

But I guess they think makin somebody pay a buck for one weak little life that gets wasted In about 2 Mins. sorta makes up for It.

But the last time I played an arcade was at (the Increadibly boring) Drivers ED class when we got a break, They had one In the little mall area It was In.

But ya these new games are gettin a bit to hard and pricey, But me and a friend of mine just stick to the old ones (Bubble Bobble at the pizza Inn place Is like 25 cents a play for 4 lives... Ah yes those were the days).

MottZilla
07-31-2002, 04:13 AM
That's the thing though... the best games tend to be the older ones. I can't find a SF2 machine anywhere though. Not even SSF2!

KingArthur
07-31-2002, 06:13 AM
Be glad it aint Japan... ALL games there cost AT LEAST 100 yen ( abour 98 cents) sometimes even more! When you compare with that, 50 cents for a game dont seem so bad does it?

Grasshopper
07-31-2002, 01:58 PM
$1? I've seen arcade machines cost $2. I don't know about you, but I'm not wasting $2 on a game that I've never played before that I'll probably only get to play for 1 minute.

vegeta1215
07-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Well, it also depends on the arcade owners. They can choose to keep the factory settings and have the price set at the recommended value, or they have lower or raise it at will, depending on how well the game is doing.

Sometimes people play games too much and arcades raise the prices to make a bit more money, or they lower prices cause there aren't enough people playing it. I personnaly haven't seen any games that cost more than a $1. We don't have any at the arcade I work at. ;)

lucky_me9
07-31-2002, 05:44 PM
I hate the prices it's like $1.00 to play a game of pinball which is my fav.

Thunderbird
07-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Hmm, maybe I should feel lucky then ;). The three pinball machines at the arcade I was in were all 50 cents per play (5 credits if you stuffed $2 in the machine).

As for Pump It Up IIDX there, I waited until someone else played it (the songs did not play during demo play), to judge how good the game might be :).