PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Advance movies!!!

jman2050
07-29-2002, 01:13 PM
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~maniken/pokeken_files/pf2002/pf2002RStryal.htm

Click the second blue button. Now I am 90% sure that I want this game so badly :D .

Menokh
07-29-2002, 01:15 PM
not more pokemon.
I got sick of that right about when Gold and Silver came out.

Petoe
07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Looks too much identical to the GBC Pokemons(Silver, Gold & Crystal). But cathing Pokemon has been great fun before, so it could be this time too. :shrug:

mrz84
07-29-2002, 04:59 PM
:odd: mrz wants everyone to know he's speechless right now.

jman2050
07-29-2002, 05:02 PM
I hope that's a good thing (with mrz, we never know :lol: ).

The movies are really great, and who cares if it resembles the other games too much. I'll still like it. Did you see that 2-on-2 battle? That was so tight :D .

AlexMax
07-29-2002, 05:35 PM
I haven't played Pokemon since the translated yellow version.

The 2v2 battle seems like an interesting new dynamic, but I'll reserve judgement on it until later...

jman2050
07-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Translated yellow? Than this should be even better since I'm assuming you haven't played Gold or Silver.

King Link
07-29-2002, 07:19 PM
I haven't played Gold and Silver. Also, the game, to me, looks ralyl cool, the graphics are nicer, even if the dynamics of the general battle and idea are the same.

Cloral
07-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Battling using several pokémon simultaneously has been something the series has really been needing. The problem with the past pokémon has been that too much emphasis is put on putting together a good team and not enough is put on the actual battling. This makes much of the game rather tedious. Having multiple pokémon battles would help to add more to the battle strategy.

mrz84
07-29-2002, 07:55 PM
:odd: that's exactly why i'm speechless. cause of all the good stuff its been lacking and finally getting will be in it. :kawaii:

Warlock
07-29-2002, 11:22 PM
You know, I'll probably get the thing just to play it b/c the games are fun, but I don't think it will be an instant sort of "must-have" game that I will play over and over.. I mean, the first one was really great, but I havn't even touched Silver since I beat it.. It was fun while I was playing it, but everything after you beat it just seems like more work than it's worth now..

Elemental Knight
07-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Well, I ohpe it has a better storyline... I'd like to really see inside the average people's lives, not just be an outsider - Many RPGs have this feel that you're a foreign guy the people only put up with because you save/d the world (Zelda doesn't... Especially LttP. Having it seem like Kakariko is your home away from home is a real nice touch).

Also, the guy looks like he has mashed potatoes on his head. That's my only gripe with him.

Darunia
07-30-2002, 11:19 AM
2 vs. 2? O_O

All my strategy to the trash... (I have a 17 wins-3 losses team in NetBattle)

I wonder how much gyms there is now... 24? 100? I doubt this time we ever see Johto or Kanto, TOO BIG.

jman2050
07-30-2002, 04:25 PM
I know. And imagine what Pokemon Stadium GC might be like :D .

Darunia
07-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Too much charge with 4 PKMN at once... at least is GC, not N64 :D

teddyboy420
07-30-2002, 07:45 PM
It looks just like the other Pokemon games., but I don't care. I love Pokemon and can't seem to get enough of them, I try to watch the cartoon as much as possible but I miss it alot :cry:

I really liked Pokemon snap for N64 and hope they make more Poke games for GC. I really need to buy one (a GC), just so I can play Pokemon, Metroid, Mario, and of course Zelda( cel shaded or not)

Pikachuuuu :shocking:

vegeta1215
07-30-2002, 08:09 PM
I don't know if I'll get the new Pokemon. Red was sweet, and Gold was even better, but 350+ Pokemon? That's alot. I'm already tired of collecting in Gold, and I only need like 3 more Pokemon...these new ones better be damn spectacular to win me back. Either that, or some of my friends get it so I'll actually have someone to battle.

jman2050
07-31-2002, 11:11 AM
Or maybe they'll have online intewrfacing. Imagine being able to battle and trade with me. Good thing too, since I love collecting all those little critters :D .

Fiyerstorm
07-31-2002, 12:58 PM
I despise all that is Pokemon. I am d/ling the video on my slow connection and when I finally see it. I will probably play it from al of the gameplay wise hype. When I did like Pokemon, the only games I liked were Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Red/Blue. I'd still play htem if I haven't sold them. I just hate the series and how big it has been.

Warlock
07-31-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by teddyboy420
I really liked Pokemon snap for N64 and hope they make more Poke games for GC. I really need to buy one (a GC), just so I can play Pokemon, Metroid, Mario, and of course Zelda( cel shaded or not)

Pikachuuuu :shocking:

Pokemon Snap was awesome.. but it only had like 60 Pokemon in it.. that kind of sucked.. I'd like to see one with all of them in it (including Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire ones).. I know it is a lot, but hell, the original game only had like 6 different places as it is.. they could add a lot more, and then the game would also have some nice longevity to it (rather than being mostly replay value since you had to go back to the same levels again and again to get better pictures)