PDA

View Full Version : How to make Maps that show the location of the boss

Master_of_Power
07-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Thiss is a little primative, the only downside of this is that you can see it without the compase, but..........

Us a map template(I use BS-style maps) with box guides(like the d-map squares) and color the shap of your dungeon in another color, and at the room you want a boss, make a skull, or whatever else you have in mind, and go to the D-Map which would be the dungeon, go to Edit Maps and choose the map you had done, and Ta-Da!

You need 1.92 build 163 for this though :shrug:

Jigglysaint
07-29-2002, 01:45 PM
This a trick, so it goes in quest editor help, moving.

Cloral
07-30-2002, 01:40 AM
I wish there was a way you could specify this to appear after you get the compass. Then I might also have indicators that show up with the compass showing where the treasure chests are.

Map styles is nice though. You can make a OoT-style map rather than a map that just shows each room as a block. And if you give the overworld a level number (which is now possible because the old bug with this has been fixed), you could allow the player to collect a map showing where things like caves and temples are located. Or it could even just show the general lay of the land. This would let you simulate Tingles from MM.

Master_of_Power
07-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I heard that the "Boss Marker" item will tell you were the boss will be when its implemented....

ShadowTiger
07-30-2002, 02:47 PM
Will it? In that case, I am looking forward to that very much. But how will it work? Is it similar to the "More" Thing that tells up to hold in A when using linked Strings?

I am now Ranked Up! (Picks up HC, Music Starts!)