PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 Battle.net help

Brian
07-28-2002, 07:58 PM
I am having trouble getting on battle.net with a legit version. Here is what tech support sent me (I need help interpreting and following what they say, as I am only moderatly knowledgable about the inner workings of computers)

Your ethernet card is sharing resources with your video card, and your modem is sharing resources with your USB controller.

Computer hardware can appear to work properly at first, but during times of heavy processing there may be performance problems or lockups. Resources being shared often cause this. If you are not familiar with reconfiguring IRQs, DMA channels or Plug n' Play settings, we suggest you get some help from your local computer professional. The tips listed below are intended for experienced computer users that are willing to get into the "guts" of the computer.

Make sure that there are no conflicts or sharing of IRQs between your network, video or sound card, if possible. You can sometimes do this by manually assigning the resources for each device in the Device Manager, found inside the System Control Panel. You can open a list of IRQ assignments by double-clicking on the small Computer icon at the top of the Device Manager window.

If you are comfortable configuring the Plug n' Play BIOS for your motherboard, you can try to manually assign IRQs to each PCI slot (if the BIOS allows it). Set the BIOS to reset the configuration data, save your new BIOS settings and reboot the computer. Check the Device Manager again to see what IRQs your hardware is now using.

The following is from your msinfo:
IRQ 3 Adaptec AVA-2930 PCI SCSI Controller
IRQ 3 Creative SB Live! Value
IRQ 3 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
IRQ 3 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
IRQ 9 MDP3900 PCI Modem Enumerator
IRQ 9 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
IRQ 9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
IRQ 11 3Com EtherLink PCI TPC NIC (3C900B-TPC)
IRQ 11 NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
IRQ 11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering

Michelle E.
Technical Support
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/

So, can anyone tell me what exactly I should do to fix what she said? The problem I am having, by the way, is that while connnecting to battle.net it says "downloading data files" forever, even after an hour.

Masamune
07-28-2002, 08:31 PM
i don't think that email made things very clear at all... i had this same problem at first but then it worked the third time i tried. it's been working ever since.

Brian
07-28-2002, 11:02 PM
I guess I'll try a couple more times then, and after a couple minutes retry. If that doesn't work, does anyone know of good non battle.net places to play Warcraft 3 online?

Mak-X
07-29-2002, 12:35 AM
If its stuck in a patch download, you could try downloading them off of http://www.battle.net

Brian
07-29-2002, 10:34 AM
I got the patches successfully, its just "downloading data files". I asked the tech support lady if I could get these data files somewhere else, but she didn't reply.

MottZilla
07-29-2002, 05:32 PM
http://www.gamecopyworld.com

Look under Warcraft 3. You can get the patches there, if you need them.

Brian
07-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian:
I got the patches successfully, its just "downloading data files".
:cool:

I'll still check this place out, to see if it has these mysterious "data files".

MottZilla
07-29-2002, 06:20 PM
Oh. No dude. You are screwwed. Data files aren't patches. They are really small files, the TOS agreement and something else. So ya, you are screwed unless you fix your IRQ problem.

Masamune
07-29-2002, 08:43 PM
you could try kali. or you could try another server to see if it makes any difference.

Brian
07-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Is that a third party multiplayer service that offers Warcraft 3? If so, can you give me its web adress? Does Game Spy offer Warcraft 3?

MottZilla
07-29-2002, 09:58 PM
http://www.kali.net

It allows you to play online via the LAN option. I wouldn't reccomend it with the "legit" version. Ask blizzard or a "computer expert" for help with your IRQ prob.