PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on GC/Xbox

King Link
07-28-2002, 12:36 PM
I was planning on buying JKII for the PC but now I've heard that the game is coming out on GC. I'm looking forward to the game, and I bet the controls will be easier to use than a keyboard and mouse.

There is even a new multiplayer feature different from the PC version where you can hook up more controllers and even have a lightsaber duel deathmatch game against a friend, sort of like the Bond games.

The game is looking very cool and graphically impressive. Anybody else plan on buying the game when it comes out on GameCube and Xbox?

BTW, release date is Summer 2002, so within the next couple months I imagine it should be out.

AlexMax
07-28-2002, 01:29 PM
I have heard nothing of it.

But multiplayer lightsabre battles would be so badass.

King Link
07-28-2002, 01:34 PM
Yeah, there are some cool screenshots and info on the GameCube Jedi Outcast here (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561552,00.html) and here (http://cube.ign.com/articles/365/365835p1.html).

Unfortunately on IGN, unless you are an insider, you can see only a few shots buy they have a lot of cool info on the game there.

Dart Zaidyer
07-28-2002, 04:49 PM
JO on a console? How are they going to handle mods and expanded levels with that? =P Give me a mouse and keyboard any day over a control stick and only enough buttons to slow down your use of the Force.

Beldaran
07-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Yeah, no kidding dude...I could destroy, utterly destroy, any gamer, no matter how good, if I had a keyboard/mouse and they had a controller. Its just a better interface for FPS and 3rdPS. There is no contest. The control and accuracy of a keyboard/mouse is unbeatable as of yet.

King Link
07-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Nah, I have to disagree. You can't control as well, you're using two hands in a wider variation and degree of controls, which is harder to use. You have to find and use too many keys.

I like these kinds of games, but controllers are just simpler to use and easier to switch between items, weapons and change the controls.

Beldaran
07-29-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by King Link
Nah, I have to disagree. You can't control as well, you're using two hands in a wider variation and degree of controls, which is harder to use. You have to find and use too many keys.

I like these kinds of games, but controllers are just simpler to use and easier to switch between items, weapons and change the controls.

lol You've obviously never played Counter Strike with a gamepad. You'd get worked so hard it would be hillarious. Hell, I'm not half bad at CS and I got worked all the time. Its not a matter of buttons. An FPS has two important buttons: shoot and move: The mouse does all of them.:laughing: