PDA

View Full Version : Huge problems ripping

ZeldaLord
07-28-2002, 06:52 AM
I currently trying to rip OoS/OoA and ALttP tiles, but I'm having problems:

1) Dboy (the GB emulator DC posted in the frozen thread) comes up with an error message whenever I try to run it, and the text file that came with it is just scrambled text, so I can't find out how to fix the problem.

2) I downloaded Visual Boy (windows) from zophar.net, it works, but whenever I take a screenshot, it saves it as a PNG, which won't open in Zquest.

3) I've also downloaded ZSNES (again, windows, not that it should matter). I've looked at the SNES ripping guide at AZC, but it tells me to use a video mode that doesn't exist (There is no VESA 2 mode), and whenever I try to take screenshot in the normal mode, it won't open them in Zquest.

Is there a solution to these problems?

Menokh
07-28-2002, 07:58 AM
For SNES ripping, you have to use the DOS port of ZSNES. It is the only SNES emulator to support the needed video mode(VESA2 8bit).

The windows version will not work under any circumstances due to the problem you ran into.

If you have an NT based version of windows(NT, 2000 or XP) and perhaps even with windowsME you probably won't get sound in the DOS version fo ZSNES.

ZeldaLord
07-28-2002, 08:30 AM
I'm using Windows 98, but it still gives me no sound. :( :cry:

Also, how do you stop rip from Gameboy roms? Whenever I take a screenshot, it saves it as a PNG, which doesn't load in Zquest.

Dark_Xero
07-28-2002, 08:41 AM
1) Get another emulator, what i suggest is VisualBoy Advance. It plays all gameboy (color) (advance) so just search it up.

2) When ripping from GB games, they usualy turn into PN for me too. Though I have a program called I view which lets me view them and cut what i want out from the picture. Search up iView at downloads.com.

ZeldaLord
07-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Yes, but how does that help the fact that pngs don't open in Zquest?

Dark_Xero
07-28-2002, 08:46 AM
Cut it and put it in a bmp and then cut the tiles from the screenie.

ZeldaLord
07-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Okay, I'll do that.

But my other problem, I'm running win98, yet I still can't get any sound on ZSNES dos.