PDA

View Full Version : forest dungeon...

Mini-Me
07-27-2002, 12:16 PM
ok... complicated problem... I'm making my 7th dungeon a forest type deal... I created some new tiles for newfirst that you can just curve around the door and stop it right next to the door...

Ex:

-------|__|--------
| _|
| |
| |_
| |
-------------------

The sticking out parts are the doors, and everything else is bushes/trees/rocks if that helps...

For passages though, I don't use doors as there's no need.. But if I use the function put door (it says in the tutorial to not draw the doors), then when I play that quest, If i have 1 line of bushes on a part, then you get stopped early, as the walls are 2 lines Ex.

bushes
----------------
----- ----
--- ---

wall
----------------
----------------

I can easily fix this by adding more bushes, but another problem is, that if i create a 'passage' (blank space at side of screen instead of actual door), then you can only go through it in the dead center, and when you do, the grass goes over your head!!

Ex.

-------------------
----- ---
--
-
-- _____ ---
------| |------

...good as I could draw it...

In other words, I want it to act like a forest w/ locked doors, but it acts like a weird glitched dungeon!! Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas???

JayeM
07-27-2002, 04:14 PM
The grass goes over Link's head for the same reason the wall above the door in a regular dungeon goes over Link's head. Try making that part of the wall transparent and place a grass tile there on layer 1 or 2.

I don't understand the other problem.

Mini-Me
07-27-2002, 08:35 PM
hmm... how do I make it transparent???

the other problem... where there's supposed to be a wall, there is... when you put a template down, the wall is 2 squares wide... If you put only 1 row of bushes on the side, then when you walk up to them, you'll just stop 1 tile early... as if there's an invisible barrier... the wall...

JayeM
07-28-2002, 01:43 AM
Yes, on a dungeon dmap the wall is 2 tiles thick whether it's there or not. :)

To have a transparent tile, use the first color in the cset (with an x on it) and make it a walkable combo.