PDA

View Full Version : How to make this trick?

Petoe
07-27-2002, 04:39 AM
How is it possible to have a working trigger under a pot, so that when you slash the pot away with your sword, under the pot is a trigger, and when you step on to that trigger, it works and triggers something!
I´ve tried to figure it out how to get this work, because I´ve seen this same trick for example in DoE. So could somebody tell me how to do this?

Tygore
07-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Make the under combo a trigger-temp or perm combo. Set flags where you want to trigger. Have fun.

Petoe
07-27-2002, 04:42 PM
Tygore, IT DOESN´T WORK!
I´ve tried that before, but when I come to a room with this slashable pot and a trigger as an under combo, everything is already triggered....So any other ideas?:redface: :confuse2:

Jigglysaint
07-27-2002, 04:47 PM
hmm. Are you using flag 9? Maybe that's the problem. If you tried flags 16-31, maybe they trigger secret combos. If you are using the slash flag that might explain your problem-use the combo instead.

Petoe
07-27-2002, 05:05 PM
The pot is a "slash" combo and the secret flags I´m using are 16-31.
So I have this room, where is a pot(slash combo). Under the pot is a trigger button as an under combo. In the same room there is for example a waterfall, and stepping on the trigger combo that is the under combo should make the waterfall vanish and turn it into a door. BUT when I come to this room while testing the quest, the door is already there, so the secret is triggered and a trigger combo as an under combo doesn´t work!

VEL
07-27-2002, 05:20 PM
I did this in my first quest. I did it by putting a secret flag over the slash combo that had the trigger under it, I didn't use an under combo for the trigger.

Petoe
07-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I did it by putting a secret flag over the slash combo that had the trigger under it, I didn't use an under combo for the trigger.

All right, I´ll try that.

I just found one way to make this trick work, but with only 1 pot/bush/whatever per screen: Put the under combo a combo that looks like a trigger button, but it really is a pit combo. So you slash the slah combo and step on the trigger(pit). The triggerpit will take you to a screen which looks just like the previous screen, but with the secret triggered and the trigger button pushed down.:)

Jigglysaint
07-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Try flag 9 again and set the stairs to the trigger.

Petoe
07-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Ok. Now I got it and it works the way I want it to. Thanks!:confuse2: :reading: :)

ShadowTiger
07-30-2002, 08:52 AM
You Did? Umm. How about this:? Place the Undercombo as the button. Then set a secret flag as the undercombo for all of the other pots, and place that secret flag on all of the other pots that don't have a button. This way you can keep the pot free for a flag that makes the button appear as if it was presses. I learned of this trick by myself, although Vel did it in Mario's Insane Rampage. (My All-time Favorite Quest.)