PDA

View Full Version : Zelda OoT Cart Trick

RPG341
07-26-2002, 11:11 PM
There is a really neat trick with the Zelda Oot game where if you lift the left side of the cart slowly, Link will become invisible and you can walk through some objects (e.g. rock blocking Goron Village from the Lost Woods or Gerudo Village gate as a kid) It has too be done slowly and carefully or the game will freeze.

Menokh
07-26-2002, 11:17 PM
I've done it before.
It is kinda wierd, and you can do some odd things.

But it isn't really safe. Once the game froze and some annoying freaky noises came from the speakers. I shut off the system and when I turned it back one I noticed my file was deleted.

Cronic
07-26-2002, 11:32 PM
This is why I own 4 copies =)

1.0 gold (the one I play)
1.0 gold (the one I toy with
1.1 grey (version comparison)
1.2 grey (version comparison)

gdorf
07-26-2002, 11:43 PM
It sure is fun though, And I always get the wierd noises :)

Orion
07-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Ah, this trick has been around forever. You can find some pretty neat bugs when people tear a game apart.

King Link
07-27-2002, 12:31 AM
I tried the trick once, but it did not work. Ocarina of Time is filled with bugs and glitches which just add on to the game's great fun factor.

Ganonator
07-27-2002, 01:33 AM
hey - although i'm always about completion glitches, it was really fun to beat the child levels without the sword. You lift the cart and walk through the guys that block the doors to kokiri village

Masamune
07-27-2002, 08:53 AM
i've tried it several times but it doesn't work for me. when i do it, the music gets all wonky and link bounces around the screen. then a controller debug menu pops up and it freezes.

Yoshiman
07-27-2002, 03:19 PM
Something REALLY wierd happened to me when I was Playing OoT. I was showing different masks to the Gerudos, and when I showed the Goron mask to the Gerudo at the gate, the paralyzation SFX played and Link fell of the bridge! Strange... Maybe Gerudos hate Gorons...

Tygore
07-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
Something REALLY wierd happened to me when I was Playing OoT. I was showing different masks to the Gerudos, and when I showed the Goron mask to the Gerudo at the gate, the paralyzation SFX played and Link fell of the bridge! Strange... Maybe Gerudos hate Gorons...

Could explain why Ganondorf had Volvagia eating gorons. Could also explain why there's no "Gerudo Mask" in Majora's Mask. There's no way those two forms could get along.

Beldaran
07-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
This is why I own 4 copies =)

1.0 gold (the one I play)
1.0 gold (the one I toy with
1.1 grey (version comparison)
1.2 grey (version comparison)

How do you afford all this cool stuff?:odd:

Cronic
07-27-2002, 04:17 PM
Well, gaming is my hobby and on occasion I'm well paid... currently 28 an hour so with no other interests (music gear, useless gadgets, fashion, autos) I have plenty of cash to indulge my gaming needs =)

MottZilla
07-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Note, if your game gets erased then you let the right side of the cart slip out too much I believe. Only once did my games get erased and I didn't care.

stormwatcheagle
07-29-2002, 01:04 AM
This is why I own 4 copies =) SOOOOOOOOOO, Darth, mind sending one of those carts my way?

The Silent Assassin
07-29-2002, 06:09 PM
The Crooked Cart trick to enter the debug mode. That was one of the first glitches found for Ocarina of Time.

MottZilla
07-29-2002, 06:11 PM
debug mode? hardly. You can't do anything once in it. I'd like it mode if you coud alter your inventory or something.