PDA

View Full Version : The end of an era

Beldaran
07-26-2002, 03:32 PM
Well, today my best friend is moving 300 miles away with his girlfriend, thus bringing to an end 12 years of hanging out and growing up. We'll still chat every once and a while, but its obvious to me that he's gone and we won't be "buds" like we used to.

It kinda sucks. 12 years of goofing off and being retarded comes to a close.

Send me your sympathy!:)

inori
07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Doh. I know it's not much help, but there is a bright side... you're only being separated from one friend. He's being separated from all of his (except his girlfriend, apparently).

Try to stay in touch with him ... it's worth it.

Lom2000
07-26-2002, 03:51 PM
inori is right, he has to make new friends where he is going. dont loose touch but you should hang out with your other friends, know you could become closer with other friends

Jemsee
07-26-2002, 09:56 PM
It's a weird deal.
For me it's out of sight out of mind.
I have a 'ol Navy bud and he is like a brother to me.
We call maybe 6 to 8 times a year, but mostly we have our separate lives. But get us together and it is like we were never apart. The same closeness is there, the inside jokes, it is like 'ol times. But then... we go back to our separate lives.
Like I said weird...but it is nice to know that he is there.

IceMan2x
07-26-2002, 10:18 PM
call him up and visit him sometime... depending on your age and the fact that you might have a car

Jigglysaint
07-26-2002, 10:48 PM
I haven't kept a friend long enough to miss them that much, but some of my better friends have left before. It too a while for my first best friend/enemy to even leave the neibourhood and yet all the friendships I haven't been able to good up do because they move out or stop being my friends. It's depressing when you are the friend who has never moved, it's allways me who get's the raw end. People Suck!

MasterSwordUltima
07-26-2002, 10:54 PM
Don't worry man, I had three close friends move away already, I keep in touch with all of them.

btw, is that THE Iceknight? Holy shit!

Selah
07-26-2002, 11:14 PM
thats what the calling card is for...

Jigglysaint
07-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Yes, he was unbanned. Got a problem with it?

cyberkitten
07-27-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima

btw, is that THE Iceknight? Holy shit!

yes. there's an official announcement (http://boards.armageddongames.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=102) about it.

Dechipher
07-27-2002, 01:40 PM
w00t! Ice Man's back!!!
Also, At least you guys got those 12 years....