PDA

View Full Version : Music's impact on my mood

Rijuhn
07-26-2002, 01:48 AM
I know Belderan can at least relate to this topic as good as I can.

I want to know who here listens to a wide variety of music? Not that shitty pop BS, and not something that's "totally underground". I mean music that you like because you like it for what it is.

Here's a brief rundown of what I have on my HD.

*A huge selection of Final Fantasy mp3s, midis.

*About 6 megs of video game midis.

*An average selection of techno and trance rave music. Artists: Alya, Scooter, Darude, and some others I don't know.

*2 artists free online music CDs I got off of mp3.com. Artists: Symphonic Chronicles, Chronicles of Empire (I think that's the name)

*Classical remakes of Video game music

*Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, misc. Zelda music, Xenogears

*.mod, .it, .xm (some random music I got off of a Modplug Tracker site)

*Some great music from 1997-2000 my friend gave me (some of it is pop, some isn't)

-Greenday
-Metallica
-Third Eye Blind
-3 Doors Down
-Eminem
-Madonna
-Offspring
-Sugar Ray

When I first decided to post this thread I was listening to Third Eye Blind's Red Summer Sun (this song is so meaningful to me.)
This track's name, Red Summer Sun, makes my mind think of everything I've done during the summer, then I think about how lucky I am to be healthy and all that stuff. Then I realize that I'm free, no school!

It's not the song itself, but really what it invokes in you when you hear it, and that's what makes certain songs pop songs, and others legends. But I'm not talking about "Best selling singles" I mean lesser known songs that you may like on a certain CD that you can never get sick of hearing.

Now I'm listening to Darwin by Third Eye Blind, and I think it's time to close this thread. Peace people, God Bless, and good night.

Beldaran
07-26-2002, 01:57 AM
Like you said, I can totally relate. I have a wide and sometimes strange variety on my computer. I have numerous selections from:

Nirvana
Green Day
Van Halen
FireHouse
Mr. Big
Metallica
Rage Against the Machine
Santana
Guns N Roses
TONS OF LOVE SONGS from various artists
various rap artists
1 gig of techno
tons of classical
some country
Eric Clapton
3rd eye blind

The list goes on and on and on...

Variety is good because you can find that special spark in many types of music.

Rijuhn
07-26-2002, 02:15 AM
And I don't like every song by an artist just because I like one of their songs. I like some rap songs, though I don't like rap in general. In rap it's mainly the melody that will make me like it.

Oh, there is one exception to an artist, and that is Third Eye Blind. Every song I've heard by them I have loved. Now I'm sure they have a few bad apples, but I've yet to hear them.

This is good night for real now. ;)

slayer6896
07-26-2002, 02:37 AM
on my comp i have a varity of music from

insane clown posse
twizted
36 mafia
blaze your dead homie
korn
rob zombie
tupac
dmx
godsmack
hatebreed
hatework
mudvayne
mushroomhead
disturbed
slipknot
static-x

vegeta1215
07-26-2002, 02:57 AM
My favorite bands include a mix if different genres.

-Green Day
-Sublime
-Weezer
-Metallica (pre black album)
-Ozzy Osbourne (w/Randy Rhoads on guitar)
-Everclear

I listen to alot of Metallica and Sublime when I do homework and write papers. I've been listening to Weezer's Pinkerton like everyday recently. That cd is so awesome. I still live on the classic Metallica albums, as I'm not to crazy about their newer stuff. And Green Day, I can't say enough about. They are my absolute favs.

You know what I love to listen to when I'm having a bad day or when I'm pissed off? Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff". That song is so perfect for release.

Beldaran
07-26-2002, 03:14 AM
Ok, I'm pissed. I love Weezer but I've only heard the blue album. I need to go out and get some more of their music and stop being such a musical lazy ass.:mad::laughing:

Blunkski
07-26-2002, 06:30 AM
i like all sorts of different songs, but I'd have to say that my favorites are by:

System of a Down,
Linkin Park,
eminem,
ludacris,
afroman,
creed,
puddle of mud,
mystical,
sting,
backstreet boys,
ICP,
cheech and chong,
dr. dre,
2PAC, and
Limp Bizkit

vegeta1215
07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Ok, I'm pissed. I love Weezer but I've only heard the blue album. I need to go out and get some more of their music and stop being such a musical lazy ass.:mad::laughing:

Definitly get Pinkerton.

It's different from the Blue album though. I didn't like it at first, but now it's my favorite. It has a more raw sound, but it also has alot of emotion put into it. Rivers lyrics and voice are just outstanding.

I like the Weezer cds in the following order:
1. Pinkerton
2. Blue Album
3. Green Album
4 Maladroit

The new one has yet to catch my attention. Even after a few listens to it, I'm still not very crazy about it. But, I do like a few songs, esp that Kepp Fishin, which they just made a video out of with the Muppets (and Animal on drums!!!)

ZZGundam
07-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Don't laugh! I like classical, jazz and soft rock. I personally consider the new stuff the music of sorrow and despair, because if you listen to it closely you'll hear a small hint of the inner sadness of the people who make such music. Thats why I don't like that kind of music.

Fade to Black
07-26-2002, 11:44 PM
I listen to everything. Metallica is my favorite by far. I'm a Metallica freak...yeah. All their stuff is great in my opinion.

I listen to quite a bit of Nobuo Uematsu, and some other selections from video games. I really can't listen to music when I'm in a really bad mood...it just annoys me for some reason. I enjoy quite when I'm extremely angry or depressed.

I sing like a madman when I'm happy. I'll listen to just about anything when I'm happy, but when I'm extremely happy, it'll be upbeat punk music or stuff like U2.