PDA

View Full Version : Limited Special Platinum Golden Diamond Anniversary Demo!

DarkDragoonX
07-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Okay, you're all going to have to put up with a rant here. Why to people keep making topic titles like "platinum edition," and crap like that? It's a ZC quest, not a damn credit card. I just want everyone to know that whenever you say something like "limited," or "platinum," or "golden," it doesn't make your quest seem special. It makes you look like you have an IQ roughly equal to that of a lima bean. So do us all a favor and stop giving your quests and demos glorified titles, because frankly, it's obnoxious, we don't give a rat's ass, and it makes you look like Captain Loser. Thanks.

DarkSFK
07-25-2002, 07:42 PM
'Bout time sombody said something. Personally, that gold edition is just bullshit. People who do that just release a demo that is 'gold edition 2' when another level is done, then that turns into the golden edition final release. I hate seeing that.

Dark_Xero
07-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Well unless "golden" or "limited" was in the actual name, then it just looks dumb, though i've only seen it said once.

The Savior
07-25-2002, 08:24 PM
:( I came in here expecting a quest from DDX. I'm very, very disappointed.

DarkSFK
07-25-2002, 09:05 PM
I've seen this 'gold platinum limited' crap quite a few times.

EIHoppe
07-25-2002, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't find any problem with it ordinarily, but the problem is, the quest is no different than the 'normal' versions that may have been released. If it was enhanced, and the quest maker didn't want it to be called (name of quest) Special Edition, then Platinum or Gold would seem good. Also, 'Limited' quests tend to have their links up all the time, anyways, not too limited to me... If the person actually took down the link after a few days, then it would be limited unless someone else re-distributed it. So, in short, my problem is that it doesn't hold true to it's 'special' name.

DarkSFK
07-25-2002, 09:26 PM
Exactly.

Blankboard
07-25-2002, 09:45 PM
But what if all the tiles were gold:D j/k........... I mean how can a program that lives forever in cyberspace be limited..... it just gets re distributed then it the silver-gold edition or something like that..... why dont people just call it the 1st release or first edition.... sounds less glorified......

DarkSFK
07-25-2002, 09:55 PM
They must be making it sound cool, 'cause it's noobs that do it.

Blankboard
07-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Black edition..... hell even red edition sounds cool to them... I guess....

K-Teclis
07-26-2002, 06:24 AM
... I thought you want to release one your quests DDX..