PDA

View Full Version : What in Gods Good Name Is A Freaking Tonberry?

zables
07-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Allrighyt, i cant take it anymore, someone tell me what the heck a tonberry is...

i have seen him all throughout these forums. what is he? were did he come from?

ACK! *turns into a box and runs and hides in the corner*

The Silent Assassin
07-25-2002, 01:43 PM
http://www.armageddongames.com/images/mastertonberry.gif

What is a Tonberry? (http://tonberry-cactuar.tripod.com/tonberry.html)

Karma, Bitch.

zables
07-25-2002, 02:05 PM
sweet..
but what does the saying "Karma Biatch" come from?>

mrz84
07-25-2002, 02:08 PM
it seems that some people can't keep up with the times. :kawaii:

inori
07-25-2002, 05:38 PM
A Tonberry is an enemy from various Final Fantasy games. Karma is a very nasty attack used by said enemy; it deals damage proportional to the number of enemies that the target has killed throughout the game. "Karma, Bitch" is TSA's pet saying, apparently derived from some time when he needed a number of attempts to defeat a giant Tonberry boss enemy from one of the FF series (I can't remember which one). When he finally defeated the creature, he said "Karma, Bitch" at the dying Tonberry, and the saying stuck.

mrz84
07-25-2002, 06:48 PM
i believe it was don tonberry or something like that in ff8. :kawaii:

The Silent Assassin
07-26-2002, 12:19 AM
I never played Final Fantasy VIII.

It's from Final Fantasy X, the Original Monster Creation Battle for the Omega Ruins.

mrz84
07-26-2002, 12:27 AM
oh ya, silly me. i knew had to either 8 or 10 cause there's no tonberry knog or don tonberry in 9 so that narrowed it down. i can't believe i can't remember stuff like that. oh well. back to final fantasy tactics which unfortunately has no tonberries in it. if it did i would recruit one and kick large portions of zodiac monster ass. :kawaii:

Orion
07-26-2002, 12:29 AM
I don't know which game they originally appeared in, but I think it was 8. Not real sure though. Tough little %#)%(^s to kill too.

mrz84
07-26-2002, 12:33 AM
they first appeared in ff5. then in 6 they were renamed pugs. then after that dingleberries. if you ask me whoever did the translation for those should be smooooshed by my large anime-like mallet. then finnaly they were named to the tonberry name they rightfully own. :kawaii:

satanman
07-26-2002, 08:03 AM
it was tonberry in FFVII, and Karma was 'everyones grudge'
I always had to use knights of the round on him.
Now if only a FF beyond 8 would come out on PC...

zables
07-28-2002, 03:30 AM
i thought that they ported FF 9 but i guess not...

vegeta1215
07-28-2002, 05:57 PM
"Everyone's Grudge"...grrr...I hate that move. Whenever I run into a Tonberry in the last dungeon in FFVII, I just run, or make sure to finish him quickly. Generally he just walks around and doesn't do much till he gets close to you, but, if you happen to fall victim to his attack, even the strongest built characters go down.

zables
07-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Allrighty, now i gots another question, whats Tenchi Muyo?

(sorry if this is irratating you peeps, but im curious so suck it up :D ) :lol:

stormwatcheagle
07-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Damn pugs, damn step mind. I HATE THOSE DAMNED PUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how long it took me to pull that damned ape out of the cave in ff6???????? three days, THRE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate those DAMNED PUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!