PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark for $10.00!

Kairyu
07-25-2002, 10:13 AM
Heh, A new Gamestop just opened at People's Plaza, a shopping area very close to my house, and I decided to check it out yesterday... And guess what I found? Yes, a Perfect Dark cartridge for only $9.99! But, it gets better... The cartridge was with manual, in box. UNOPENED. There were about 20 boxes or so. The guy behind the counter said they were factory excess or something, he didn't seem all that interested. Only reason I didn't get one was because I didn't own an Expansion Pak, which was availible for $30 at the store... Ah well, I'll get it today. Also interesting, they had a copy of Tactics Ogre for the PSOne availible, for less than $40... I just don't remember by how much....

It reminds me of the time that my local Video Showplace decided to get rid of it's SNES games, and had set prices on all the games it sold. $5. $4, if you bought them in more than one at a time. I walked away from that particular deal with, in the end, Secret of Evermore (My favorite RPG at the time and still one of my top 5), MMX3 and MM7 (But I skipped MM Soccer, the only sports game besides SSX Tricky I ever liked at all... :sweat: ), Final Fantasy III (Yes, FF3/6.), Earthbound (WITH Full color, near-mint condition NP player's guide only opened before to be copied), King of Dragons (I like that style game. So what?), and I had a chance to get Secret of Mana, but I skipped it because at the time I hated it. I don't know why, I just had played it and thought it sucked compared to SoE. Maybe if I had bought it, and played a little farther than wherever I ended up, I'd have enjoyed it, but... And I ALMOST got Chrono Trigger, but one of the employees, who knew what it was worth, bought it for himself... So my brother and dad got me a copy of CT for my birthday, but...

Ah, I talk too much. :sweat: Anyway, Have you ever REALLY ripped off a store/company/dealer with a rare/excellent video game or system in perfectly useable condition at a patheticly low price?

mrz84
07-25-2002, 02:31 PM
now that you think about it i got a copy of CT once for about $20. probably worth at least $40-50 maybe. i think. oh well. i own a good game and enjoy the thrill of listening to magus's theme. :kawaii:

MottZilla
07-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Man, i'd go there with like 50$s and buy as many of those PDs as I could. Then wait awhile, and sell them on ebay or something for alot more than 5$s >=) You should do that.

Icey
07-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Good idea... Ive also been to quite a few places where I've seen Perfect Dark for $10.00. I didnt buy it though because I already completed (I mean completed) the game when I borrowed it from a friend for a couple of months. Good idea tho, Mott.

Kairyu
07-26-2002, 12:08 PM
... Heh, that's cruel... I like it, and since I was charged about 10 dollars more than I should have been (I checked his math and my math. He cheated.), My copy of Tactics Ogre came without a manual (Anyone know a reasonable facsimile for it?), and he charged me ten dollars for some little 10% discount (On used items ONLY) card which apearently didn't affect his final total, I don't really feel much empathy towards them right now. Ah well, I can get it back that way, that's almost for sure.

IceMan2x
07-26-2002, 12:31 PM
*drops jaw* only 10 bucks?! X_X i payed 70 for it when i got it

meh, the funcoland that i go to majorly overcharges most games =P and the last time i went they put SaGa frontier in the SaGa Frontier 2 case, and Megaman Legends in the Megaman 8 case =P good thing i checked before i left

Kairyu
07-26-2002, 12:45 PM
Nice to see you back, IM2X! And since I can't remember if I liked, hated, or ignored you, I'll just assume that... um, well, I'll just assume you're okay until I remember better.

Back on topic, I did make VERY sure that it was Tactics Ogre in that CD case, although I wouldn't exactly have killed the guy if the CD had "Ogre Battle" written across it either... I didn't know that some stores were that low/that stupid! I'll have to keep an eye on "Fun"co & Co., now... Gamestop IS owned by the same company, right?

IceMan2x
07-26-2002, 12:48 PM
yes it is, Funcoland bags have gamestop.com on them... the guy was busy when he gave me the CDs, but i think he was just stupid