PDA

View Full Version : i need to know the link to an online virus scanner! URGENT

goKi
07-25-2002, 07:53 AM
i think this pc may have a virus, norton has stopped executing, so i have no means of scanning the pc, please help.

AtmaWeapon
07-25-2002, 08:04 AM
try http://housecall.antivirus.com

and good luck

goKi
07-25-2002, 08:44 AM
yeah i found it just before you posted this... as for a virus, thank god there is none, mum's pc is just acting up normally, i cant delete file folders without windows 98 crashing explorer, and i cant use my antiviruses. i guess it just needs a format.

AtmaWeapon
07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
I'll go ahead and do it for everyone who is going to do this shortly.

It's doing it because <insert Bill Gates or MS insult here>! Download <Linux Distribution> now! I've been using it for <insert timestamp> and it hasn't crashed yet! I promise!

And, I'll do one better, and post the reply after that.

Begone, Linux user! I spit at thee. <insert stereotypical insult about Linux users here> <insert incoherent statement, as well>.

teddyboy420
07-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I'll go ahead and do it for everyone who is going to do this shortly.

It's doing it because <insert Bill Gates or MS insult here>! Download <Linux Distribution> now! I've been using it for <insert timestamp> and it hasn't crashed yet! I promise!

And, I'll do one better, and post the reply after that.

Begone, Linux user! I spit at thee. <insert stereotypical insult about Linux users here> <insert incoherent statement, as well>.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was waiting for someone to start w/ the whole MS sucks, Linux is the :bomb: thing. ;)

slothman
07-25-2002, 03:16 PM
That's the virus scanner I use. I haven't found any viri yet though. :(

inori
07-25-2002, 05:28 PM
BTW, virus scanners don't like each other very much... you might not want to install more than one on the same computer.