PDA

View Full Version : One last question about Caves

Eric920
07-25-2002, 12:42 AM
When Link exits the cave he'll land on his starting point and not right in front of the cave. I set the blue square in front of the cave alreay but he'll just land on his starting point when he exits the cave. Why is this?

laughing1989
07-25-2002, 01:22 AM
Well...are you talking about guy caves or normal caves? Guy caves are the onely thing that use the exit thing(i believe). To exit a cave you use a side warp/tile warp and that uses start position. I think im right...someone else please take my place(god im stupid :cry: )

EIHoppe
07-25-2002, 02:29 AM
Here's a semi-detailed explanation for you guys:

Cave/Item warp: Makes Guy caves on the overworld. Link will appear on screen 80, and when he steps off the bottom, he will appear on the screen in which he entered, but on the blue square. In dungeons, it will take Link to screen 80, but in an 'item passageway' room, a la Zelda 1. When he goes off the top of the screen, he will re-appear in the room he stepped on the warp in, except on the blue square.
Insta-warp: Link appears at the blue square.
Entrance-Exit warp: Link will appear at the green square. Also, that's where Link will continue if the game is over and you hit continue. Link will also continue there when the Continue from here box is checked and you restore your game.
Passageway: Only used in dungeons, will take Link to screen 81. Used as a passageway a la Zelda 1. Link appears on the blue square on whichever screen he is now on. (Either the original screen or the screen that the warp is set to)
I-warp with (insert extra here): See Insta-Warp. Same thing except with a sound effect, or a blackout effect.
No warp: I don't think I'll need to explain this... :sweat:
3-stair warp: Leading to screen 81, when Link steps off the bottom, he will re-appear on the blue square.

There ya have it folks. The wonders of warping are right at your fingertips. You will now return to your regularly scheduled quest.

Samson007
07-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Just put both the blue and green squares in front of the exit. There problem solved.

Eric920
07-25-2002, 11:11 AM
But Samson, Link wont start off at his starting point if the green sqare is always going to be in front of the cave.:cry:

Samson007
07-25-2002, 11:48 AM
If its a cave with a sp item in it then select room type->special item. Then go to sp. item->(whatever you want). Then select the guy you want by going to guy. Note you have to draw the cave screen in the BOTTOMMOST LEFTHAND CORNER of map 1.

If its a cave with monsters and stuff then all you have to do is set up a d-map for the cave then select tilewarp and set the d-map, the map, and the screen it warps too. Make sure you set the entrance/exit points for both entrances and exits to the cave.

If this doesnt help then i can do nothing more for u.

ShadowTiger
07-26-2002, 01:09 PM
I keep asking for the Start positions to be in the middle of the screen instead of the corner, but no one seems to care.

Anywho, You could do some tricks by placing the two in two different positions on the screen, and warp between the two by using side warp with entrance/exit and tilewarp with i/warp with the other forms of warps. That's all I wanted to say, so goodbye.

Jigglysaint
07-26-2002, 01:59 PM
I have an idea that might help. E-mail me or AIM your quest to [email protected] and I can figure out what the problem is.

Blankboard
07-26-2002, 02:59 PM
It seems like this is the first screen on the map so checkfor:

1.Room Type is set to Secial Item
2.The guy is set
3.the string is set
4. the tile arp screen is set to item cave
5.You select the sp. Item
6. the blue square is in front of the cave
7.you dont have any more warps on the screen
8.the cave is a cave combo

that should solve the problem....